I just love talking about the Omega Seamasters with date @ 6!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By MattAC

Thread: I just love talking about the Omega Seamasters with date @ 6!

I just love talking about the Omega Seamasters with date @ 6!

Here is a recent find from a New York jewelry store crowded with all kinds of estate items--what appears to be an all-original Omega Seamaster Calendar cal. 353, with a Turler dial. It runs well, but the rotor is noisy and the dial slightly crooked in the case, so there may be some issues, we'll see. I am quite certain that the signed Omega crown is original, since it is the same as the one in this Swedish ad I found online. I will post more photos after I have it serviced.

What do you know about these Omegas that you would care to share? How much difference is there between the cal. 353 and the cal. 355 (the other caliber used in the Seamster Calendars with date at 6). Which is more rare, etc? I just love these watches! They look very masculine, with a hint of Art Deco.
    Name:  IMG_0919-sml.jpg
Views: 560
Size:  92.0 KBName:  Omega cal 353 advert.JPG
Views: 532
Size:  70.0 KB
    jackruff likes this.

Re: I just love talking about the Omega Seamasters with date @ 6!

Nice pick-up! The cambered lugs on the watch look great. It looks like a 2627 to me, and I guess it's collectibility centres around the movement being the first calendar model that Omega produced. Hard to see in the pic if the date window is the trapezoidal version or the rectangular version.

In terms of rarity, I guess neither movement could be called rare, production being 43,000 and 58,000 pieces respectively. Rarity usually involves a specific combination of dial, case and movement, such as the 18k 168.023 Golden Seamatser with the cal 751, where it is recorded that less than 1000 pieces were made, but as you say these early bumper calendars have real charm.

Cheers

Desmond

Thanks for the insight, Desmond. When I get home I will open it up again and check the case number. The date window is the rectangular one, which I believe is the earliest design. These bumper calendars do have charm, and if you want to buy one, they are not that easy to find in all original condition at down-to-earth prices, so to me that is rarity.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congrats I dont see many of these around.

Hi

I have a Seamaster Calendar (date at 6) Cal 355 case ref 2627-7, lugg size 18mm. My interest is in a Beads of Rice Bracelet to fit the watch. I know its not original as I believe the original would have been a leather band. My guess is a 1036 bracelet with No12 end pieces would fit, anybody with experience or ideas?

Ianb29
    Last edited by Ianb29; February 11th, 2014 at 01:58. Reason: Spelling

Thread Information