Hi! I'm Laura, a friend of Jeannie (GinGinD) and I am new to watchuseek. I am a writer researching vintage pocket watches and I have so many questions. The subject is so confusing! I hope someone can help me.
1. What is a detent escapement?
2. How do you wind a Hory Oignion?
3. Are fusee’s still in pocket watches?
4. Did pocket watches have apertures for day, date, month, and phases of the moon prior to 1700?
5. Do any pocket watches prior to 1700 need a key to be wound?
I would appreciate any help!