Dear Fellow WUS-vintage members.
I am trying to compile a list of the most iconic/valuable/collectible/beautiful vintage watches. I would love your help adding manufacturs and watchtypes to the list.
It can be designwise, movementwise or just the most beautifull model of it´s time.
Reasons can include but are not limited by: Watch worn on a historic time or worn by a historic person (f.e. Watch first worn on the moon or Watch worn by Formula One drivers during it´s time). Watch has introduced a mechanical advance / milestone (thinnest movement, Lightest movement...), Watch is a nice example of a ´lost´ watch brand (that has been since revived or not) (f.e. Angelus (Luxo)Datograph, Enicar KonTiki ). Watch is extremely rare due to certain reasons. Watch was issued to a military service. etc.
I will try to edit this first post as much as I can and hopefully create a comprehensive list of vintage wristwatches.
Any ideas on the layout of this list etc. are welcome as well.
In time I would like this to become as complete as possible.
I will link from this post to your post so please use a somewhat decent language and posting style.
Criteria to go on the list:
- Watch must be from before 1990
- Watch must use an Automatic or Mechanical movement (Exceptions can be made, f.e. Omega F300Hz , Thermic movements etc.)
- The poster must provide a good quality photo of the watch in question
- The poster must state the reason behind him wanting it on the list.
- The poster must provide adequate information about the production year, movement number etc.
F.e.:The Omega Speedmaster ST145.012-67 made from 1966 (67 the year Buzz wore) to 1968 uses the Omega Calibre 321. (Based of the Lemania 2310). It was the watch Buzz Alldrin wore and so becoming the first watch to set foot on the moon. (Armstrong left his watch in the cockpit to replace a broken timer).
A. Favre et Fils
A. Lange & Sohne
Backes & Strauss
Baume et Mercier
Bedat & Co
Bell and Ross
- Carrera 1163 https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/ico...ml#post8183367
- Autavia 1163T https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/ico...ml#post8183367
- Monaco 1133B https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/ico...ml#post8183367
-Speedmaster ST145.012 [https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/ico...ml#post8182420]
- Oyster Perpetual COSC White https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/ico...ml#post8183411
Solvil et Titus
- El Primero 386 https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/ico...ml#post8183367