ID Help - Arcadia

Thread: ID Help - Arcadia

ID Help - Arcadia

Hi,

I hope somebody is able to ID this brand as googling Arcadia return really meaningless results.

Bought this from eBay after I got this thing with converted wrist watch cases from pocket watch.

I know it look highly franken or modified, but I'm curious about the brand as it's on the dial and on the movement, Arcadia.

Parting with 30+ of my prized Soviet pieces over at sales corner.

A fan of vintage and a proud member of the Seiko Club Singapore Forum

Watch Blog - http://jiehong.org/blog

Re: ID Help - Arcadia

Hi -

Did you buy this from the Ukraine?

KM is, of course, "Kriegsmarine", which was used to describe the German Navy during the world wars.

However, that's the end of my knowledge: the dial style is broadly appropriate, but the seconds at 9 are a fairly good indicator that this is not original...

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Hi -

Did you buy this from the Ukraine?

KM is, of course, "Kriegsmarine", which was used to describe the German Navy during the world wars.

However, that's the end of my knowledge: the dial style is broadly appropriate, but the seconds at 9 are a fairly good indicator that this is not original...

JohnF
    I got it from US, where the seller posted it as a Soviet-era watch but he has no information on it. (Usually I steer clear from Ukraine sellers who post a long military history about watch )

I'm curious and I also kinda like the pocket converted to wrist watch cases.

So it's very likely that the seller bought it from a somebody selling it as some German military watch.
    Parting with 30+ of my prized Soviet pieces over at sales corner.

A fan of vintage and a proud member of the Seiko Club Singapore Forum

Watch Blog - http://jiehong.org/blog

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by roo7 View Post
    I got it from US, where the seller posted it as a Soviet-era watch but he has no information on it. (Usually I steer clear from Ukraine sellers who post a long military history about watch )

I'm curious and I also kinda like the pocket converted to wrist watch cases.

So it's very likely that the seller bought it from a somebody selling it as some German military watch.
    Bleating sheep being sheared ...

I love he perfect dial with the aged hands.... BAAAAAAAHHH

As others have pointed out, the lack of shock protection on old pocket watches usually makes them poor candidates for wrist watch movements.

There are some Chinese Unitas clone based watches swimming in the Bay. I got one for $65. Beautiful finish. After some regulation, it keeps chronometer time. Amazing bargain.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information