Identification if possible

Thread: Identification if possible

Identification if possible

Hi, Would anyone have any information on this hunter pocket watch i have just got. It has the word STAR on the inside of the case along with 70902 and below is the letter X, these are also on the inside of the front of the case. Inside the dust cover is ENGLISH MAKE. THIS CASE GUARANTEED TO WEAR 10 YEARS. and underneath this is 70902 with 6F below that. The face only has SWISS MADE and inside on the works it has SWISS MADE 15 JEWELS and 3 ADJUSTMENTS.

I hope someone can help

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Identification if possible

This is a pre-WWII collection of watch artifacts... restoration is not commercially viable unless done as a hobby/training exercise.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

The case was made by Dennison Watch Case Co, Birmingham England. Star was their trade mark for their entry grade of gold filled cases, with a guarantee of 10 years before it wore down to the base brass material. As Eeeb has stated, it does not make sense to restore this watch. If it is an heirloom, better arrange the parts in a display case and keep it as it is.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I actually have all the missing parts, the only thing wrong with it is that the main spring is broken which i will replace. I just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it.

Thanks

Check under the balance wheel for any markings; beyond that, it could have been made by any of a thousand small, relatively anonymous watch makers/finishers
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

Thread Information