Identification Rosskopf + Royal Exchange

Thread: Identification Rosskopf + Royal Exchange

Identification Rosskopf + Royal Exchange

Hello,

I found two pocket watches in this store, and I am wondering if there is any information on them.. I couldn't take pictures, but i found something on the net which is a similar dial to Rosskopf

The other is a silver pocket watch with "Royal Exchange" B L C - i think - erm...
    Ok my memory isn't photographic, so let's just stick to the Rosskopf, unless someone can make sense of my scanty information.

Thanks

Re: Identification Rosskopf + Royal Exchange

Rosskopfs are interesting cheaper watches made with fewer wheels and a pin lever escapement. They were first made in the late 1860s.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Picture Re: Identification Rosskopf + Royal Exchange

Here is some photo's of the only Roskoff I own they are swiss made and they had fancy dial's and hand's and only had 3 wheels in it's train of gear's I think mine was made in the 1880's and it's pin set. It's was the swiss dollar watch better made than the US ones.
    Last edited by river rat; November 22nd, 2008 at 02:06.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Beautiful! thanks for posting..
    And yes I noticed the hands, they were so detailed and copper colored that I thought they were new or something. stood out in the otherwise drab watch.

Here is a web site with more info on Roskopkf watch I was reading it and notice the dial you posted had one more S spelled Rosskopf and it should of been spelled Roskopf in the US the swiss would make fake's of US watches and sell them to the US but the Roskopf did so well they made a swiss fake for one of there own they have that info and more at this web site.http://www.musketeer.ch/watches/roskopf.html
    Last edited by river rat; December 13th, 2008 at 15:52. Reason: I thought I put the wrong web site

There is one "Wille Freres" original Roskopf movement,that needs servicing:

“Thoughts are the shadows of our feelings - always darker, emptier and simpler.”

Friedrich Nietzsche

http://www.portalsatova.com/forum/

Thread Information