identify please chrono
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By RTB

Thread: identify please chrono

identify please chrono

Hello,

i would like to somebody help me to identify this i belive swiss chrono watch, or at least the movement.
    It is a single button chrono, by movement similar to venus 175, or landeron 39?
    I know it is hard, couse the face of the watch is in bad shape and it is not branded.
    Also i would like to know what is the mark on the backplate P.B. means?
    It has a serial number also if it helps.

Thanks
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: identify please chrono

I don't knwo about the "P.B." but that may just be the case maker. I can't find an exact match for the movement but I would think that it's a Hanhart Cal. 40 or Cal. 50:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...swk&Hanhart_40

...on account of the curved bridge around the permanent second hand wheel, the open construction (mainspring wheel perfectly visible), the five teeth on and general shape of the column wheel and the (shape of the) thin wire spring holding the minute counter wheel. The main thing speaking against it is the exact shape of the chronograph bridge but there may have been different versions made over the years. If it was a Landeron or Venus (or Valjoux) movement, the maker's mark should be fairly clearly visible, which again speaks for it being made by someone for their own purposes.

Hartmut Richter

Tnx, for quick reply,and sorry for my bad english.

Im still a bit confused,about the backplate inner side mark P.B., because i find the same mark on early Breitling, single button chrono cca.1933, with landeron 39 movement( pic 1,2),and also in girard perregaux single button chrono(pic, gp 1,2)?
    The Girard Perregaux backplate is i think 100% identical to my watch backplate.Also Hanhart movement is similar,yes, but not identical.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have also seen this PB mark on an Omega case. It is the case maker's mark - not the mark of the movement maker. I don't know what it means, but I have seen reference to 'PB Geneve'.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

Yes ,Marrick i know that P.B. is the case manufacturer mark,but i maybe hope that if i know that manufacturer, maybe i will easier find a watch maker-brand,or movement.Tnx for replay!

Also maybe the case manufacturer name will help with dating my watch,because both watches that i found with that P.B. mark are from 1930es.On the second hand, I dought that bouth Breitling and Girard will deal and have cases from some unknown case maker.

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    I don't knwo about the "P.B." but that may just be the case maker. I can't find an exact match for the movement but I would think that it's a Hanhart Cal. 40 or Cal. 50:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...swk&Hanhart_40

...on account of the curved bridge around the permanent second hand wheel, the open construction (mainspring wheel perfectly visible), the five teeth on and general shape of the column wheel and the (shape of the) thin wire spring holding the minute counter wheel. The main thing speaking against it is the exact shape of the chronograph bridge but there may have been different versions made over the years. If it was a Landeron or Venus (or Valjoux) movement, the maker's mark should be fairly clearly visible, which again speaks for it being made by someone for their own purposes.

Hartmut Richter
    Yes, you were right about Hanhart!
    It is Hanhart cal.40/50 ,and thanks again for your sugestion!

RTB

I Know this is a very old thread but they still come up when people like myself do web searches further down the track, so..........

Re :- Mikrolisk's Horological trade mark index. :)

Vve de Paul Bovier - Gehause, St.Ursame, Schweiz, registriert am 21.8.1934.(Housing ST. Ursame, Switzerland, registered 21/8/1934.
    Eeeb likes this.

I was going to post thae ONLY case maker I could find in the list of Poincons de Maitre was:
    Hammer Head No.103 - Pro-Boites SA. La chaux de fonds

Regards
    NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. FIRST THEY WILL DRAG YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL. THEN, THEY WILL BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE.

"Failure is not an option" - Gene Kranz
    "Owning a vintage watch is great, understanding where it sits in Horology is magnificent"
    and
    "By Teaching Others, We Teach Ourselves"
    Adam

Thread Information