Illinois Movement Question 0 size

Thread: Illinois Movement Question 0 size

Illinois Movement Question 0 size

I need to know the height of an Illinois 0 size movement serial number 2196xxx. I get a date of 1908/1909 depending on source. The seller stated it's 7mm but that seems off. I'm looking to put it in the case my Vuulcain came in. My watchmaker has promised to measure the case but he might be too busy before the auction closes. The advace of Earl likely has his full attention. He did say there's a lot of room in the case but with most Swiss movements being about 4mm it might be tight. A Waltham is 4.6mm + .9mm for the dial rim. Elgin I think is 5.2mm + .85mm in the earlier models.

Re: Illinois Movement Question 0 size

I had the seller remeasure it turns out to be 5mm with dial so about 4mm not counting dial lip. I have a snipe set up. I assume that no one has a problem putting an orphan movement into a period correct case. I wish that the original movement wasn't worked on by an incompetent Idiot but I got the entire watch for the value of the case so I'm not losing anything.

Is your Illinois movement between 2196001 and 2196500? If so it is a 0s open face model 1 grade 37 17j from 1909. Not scarce with 6760 made between 1905 and 1916. But you will need a hunter movement?
    However, if the serial number is between 2196501 and 2196600 it is a grade 39 with 19j, of which only 100 was made. If so, you should re-think.
    Erik_H
    Member NAWCC Chapter 149

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Erik thanks for the heads up, I wasn't thinking, it is an open face movement. I have it set up on a snipe so I'll cancel it. Now I have to find a hunter movement.

Thread Information