Illinois Pocket Watch Identification

Thread: Illinois Pocket Watch Identification

Illinois Pocket Watch Identification

I have a pocket watch from my family estate that I would like help to ID. It has a white roman numbered face with "Chester Jeweler - Lawrence KANS." And it may be Wester or something else because I'm unable to see the first letter as its covered by the hour hand. I could unscrew the back cover and found the following on the movement. "Illinois Watch Co - Springfield Ill- 1091249" The inside cover has in the center "FAHYS _ ORESILVER _ PAT FEB 19th 1884" There is also a number "6402179" and some other markings I can't read. Thanks for your help this is a great site.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by ricm25; May 3rd, 2010 at 02:23.

Banned

Re: Illinois Pocket Watch Identification

Hi. First rule of indentification: pictures! Second, you may want to post this in the vintage watch forum.

Can't tell you much without a picture of movement. The serial number dates the movement to approx 1892 from the info I have. Post some pictures in Vintage and pocket watch forum, and you will have lots of info.

Oresilver (nickleoid, white brass, silverine, silveroid, oresilver, etc) are all nickle cases. Nothing fancy or super valuable as case material.
    Later, Gary

We are the caretakers of mechanical art.
    Member NAWCC, National Association of Watch & Clock Collectors

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ricm25 View Post
    I have a pocket watch from my family estate that I would like help to ID. It has a white roman numbered face with "Chester Jeweler - Lawrence KANS." And it may be Wester or something else because I'm unable to see the first letter as its covered by the hour hand. I could unscrew the back cover and found the following on the movement. "Illinois Watch Co - Springfield Ill- 1091249" The inside cover has in the center "FAHYS _ ORESILVER _ PAT FEB 19th 1884" There is also a number "6402179" and some other markings I can't read. Thanks for your help this is a great site.
    Look carefully at the movement for any identifying information including model name & number, number of jewels, number of adjustments(if any) and serial number on the movement itself. As others indicated close-up and clear pictures of the movement, dial and case would also help a lot.

Thread Information