I'm looking for any kind of list that show's current "Pocket Watch" manufacturers.

Thread: I'm looking for any kind of list that show's current "Pocket Watch" manufacturers.

I'm looking for any kind of list that show's current "Pocket Watch" manufacturers.

I have really attempted to find a list but have not been successful. Any suggestions?

Re: I'm looking for any kind of list that show's current "Pocket Watch" manufacturers.

Who should put together such a list? What and who should it include? ALL of them? Pocket watches are still made ranging from cheap Far East quartz products (on most of them you wouldn't even find the producer) to good mechanical timepieces, original, remakes etc. etc. There are about a trillion names out there SEWOR, XLORDX, Hicarer, ManChDa, UEOTO, Bei wang, TREEWETO,
    WIOR, SIBOSUN, joyliveCY ..... that's just a quick copy and paste of names from the first page on Amazon.

If you want to restrict yourself to mechanical timepieces of good quality, even here, the list would be too long. You find names like Bulova, Tissot, Patek Philippe etc.etc. etc. and, as the pocket watch see somewhat of a revival, there are new ones coming up every month.

Furthermore, you wouldn't like to have an incomplete list missing out pocket watches with super complications and/or expensive material like a Graff Diamonds Hallucination selling at US$ 55 million ...

It makes much more sense to narrow down things, mechanical and/or quartz, modern or retro-style, complications or not, preferrably with an idea about the price, and people could make suggestions rather than asking for an unspecified, general list.
    Last edited by Border-Reiver; November 14th, 2018 at 13:45.

Re: I'm looking for any kind of list that show's current "Pocket Watch" manufacturers.

I don't see much the point, newly made pocket watches are so crappy, unless you go for one with Geneva seal but that's not for everyone's budget... Stay focused on vintage timepieces, you already can find in them whatever you want ;)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As mentioned above, it seems very unlikely that someone will have bothered to compile such a list. Why do you want the list exactly? If you have a specific question or you are looking for something in particular, go ahead and ask you question.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Quote Originally Posted by Stromboli View Post
    I have really attempted to find a list but have not been successful. Any suggestions?
    Yeah, there a ton of Chinese pocket watches available. Still, many established companies build pocket watches as an exercise - Citizen recently launched the most accurate pocket watch and Montblanc just had a pocket watch compete at GPHG. Might be an interesting exercise for you to compile your own list. Here is a start...

https://improb.com/best-pocket-watches/

BTW my wife's family hail from the Aeolian islands - beautiful part of the world.

Belated response......... Yea you do have a point there. I guess it is a must to have a mechanical movement, manual winding. just hour, minute and small second. Stainless steel, never liked white gold or yellow gold. I would like to think that I could get something worthy at a price point starting at $400.00 to let's say $1,200.00. I do like the Longines railroad pocket watch but it might be sold out not to mention I would not be interested in the price point for that and the see thru back is very weak to me, it's the size of a pin hole. The dial is outstanding however. I guess that I might tend to favor railroad pocket watches.

I also like Hamilton watches or any watch made in the U.S. New is good but I would probably have a better selection getting vintage.
    Last edited by Stromboli; November 16th, 2018 at 09:17. Reason: forgot to add something

The only reason that I would be seeking such a list is to see what the various pocket watches look like along with what the cost of pocket watches currently are.

First of all thanks for the started list. I have never been to Stromboli or within that region but one day I will make tracks. Yes, the islands are nothing but beautiful. Thank you for bringing it up.

Thread Information