Info on a Gruen dress watch - Page 2

Thread: Info on a Gruen dress watch

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Info on a Gruen dress watch

Wow it looks like that is it. Thank you so much, I never would've found that without you! I know I ask a lot, but do you know anything about those? My Google search brings up just a few little comments here and there with the common opinion that they were "okay" high-end watches. Or something of that sort

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Floofs View Post
    Wow it looks like that is it. Thank you so much, I never would've found that without you! I know I ask a lot, but do you know anything about those? My Google search brings up just a few little comments here and there with the common opinion that they were "okay" high-end watches. Or something of that sort

I don't think anyone would categorize Gruen as a high-end brand. Your watch is a good quality dress watch with a stainless steel case and solid Swiss movement. The brand would be categorized as entry-level or mid-tier depending on who you ask. It's collectible, but not extremely valuable.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    I don't think anyone would categorize Gruen as a high-end brand. Your watch is a good quality dress watch with a stainless steel case and solid Swiss movement. The brand would be categorized as entry-level or mid-tier depending on who you ask. It's collectible, but not extremely valuable.
    Ahh ok maybe I misunderstood. It seemed like they were saying that it was sold as highish-end when it was new but in reality it is as you said, entry to medium tiered. Either way I didn't think it was too valuable today as I only spent $60 on it lol Thank you very much for your knowledge on all of this and taking the time to share it!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information