Info needed on a pocket watch please

Thread: Info needed on a pocket watch please

Info needed on a pocket watch please

Can anybody give me any info on a pocket watch
    It has a silver face with MILLETT GENEVE at the bottom also on the mechanism. On the back cover it has the letters AG with the number 3967.
    sorry picture will not load onto attachments, if you can help I can email you directly.
    :thanks
    Last edited by mjfl; June 13th, 2010 at 18:38.

Re: Info needed on a pocket watch please

Quote Originally Posted by mjfl View Post
    It has a silver face with MILLETT GENEVE at the bottom also on the mechanism. On the back cover it has the letters AG with the number 3967.
    sorry picture will not load onto attachments, if you can help I can email you directly.
    Anybody able to give me info on this pocket watch it has swiss hallmarks so I Know its dated 1882>1934 it also has initials P.G surrounded with an oval and numbers 17861 0,936 and three bears.
    any help please
    Name:  100_0634.jpg
Views: 277
Size:  100.8 KB

Quote Originally Posted by mjfl View Post
    Hope the picture will help now I have been able to load it
    Name:  100_0632.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  83.4 KB

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

There seem to be zero replies so I'll have a stab. Unfortunately, one can't say much without movement pictures but it seems that both watches are key wound rather than by crown. They would therefore be almost certainly pre 1900 so that your estimate of up to 1934 is too recent.

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    There seem to be zero replies so I'll have a stab. Unfortunately, one can't say much without movement pictures but it seems that both watches are key wound rather than by crown. They would therefore be almost certainly pre 1900 so that your estimate of up to 1934 is too recent.

Hartmut Richter
    Thanks,
    This movement is for the silver face watch
    Name:  100_0638.jpg
Views: 172
Size:  103.3 KB
    And this one is for white face watch
    Name:  100_0639.jpg
Views: 158
Size:  97.6 KB
    I hope this will help

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Crikey! Both of them have a similar bridge structure and one more characteristic of 1830-1870 Swiss watches. So, your age estimate may have to be put back even further. Both are cylindre escapement watches, which also fits. Very unlikely that you will get more information than that - the brands are unknown and the movements were probably generic and made at least partly in the cottage industry (i.e. made by many farmers in parts and put together by an end assmbler). You might get a better estimate on age if you post pictures of the hallmarks on the cases - but others here will tell you more about those; it's definitely not my special field.

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information