Info Requested: Illinois 60 Hour Bunn Special

Thread: Info Requested: Illinois 60 Hour Bunn Special

Info Requested: Illinois 60 Hour Bunn Special

I have currently purchased a 60 hour "Bunn Special" by Illinois off ebay. The watch was exactly as listed, and one thing about it caught my eye. It was marked sixty twice. Not spelled out, that is, but, as the picture should show, it is marked "MOTOR BARREL 60". I was wondering if anyone knows how rare these are, because I found one auction site that says it is one of 500 in total production, or TP as they put it. The serial number is 4,79*,***, and my Complete Price Guide to Watches says that it would be aproximatly 1925-26. Any info that I haven't posted would be helpfull.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Info Requested: Illinois 60 Hour Bunn Special

According to my text (Shugart) it is the 23 jewel Bunn special 60 that is super rare. The 24 jewel is less so, but it's a beautiful watch in its own right. It's Railroad Grade for sure and probably represents the apex of Illinois production just before Hamilton took over the company.
    We don't see many pocket watches of this quality in the forum so thanks for posting it. It would be nice to see pics of the dial and case as well.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Re: Info Requested: Illinois 60 Hour Bunn Special

Funny thing, there is currently no dial for it.:oops: I bought the movement without a case, dial, or hands because I just wanted to build a watch that I like and can use daily. I will post a picture of the case though. It's nothing special, just a standard swingout. Marked on the inside, "B&B Royal 20 Years". When I have the dial and hands on it (hopefully within the month) I will post a picture of the complete watch.

Thanks for the info. I don't think that I over paid for it at about $250.
    Attached Images Attached Images

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Not much info...

Found two Bunn's, I know yours is a Bunn Special but this is all I could find, marked "Motored barrel 60". One sold for $160 and the other for $650 back in 2006.

This is the pic of the one that sold for $160. They both look exactly the same.

Just founda 21 jewel Bunn Special 60 hours that sold for $350 in 2006

Last edited by cmoy; April 5th, 2008 at 16:51.

Re: Not much info...

Thanks. I found the site with the bunn special too.
    Thanks for posting though.

Quote Originally Posted by EuroWolf View Post
    Thanks. I found the site with the bunn special too.
    Thanks for posting though.
    I have a book on Illinois watches. I'll see if I can find it and see if they have any info on your 60-60 Bunn Special.

Quote Originally Posted by cmoy View Post
    I have a book on Illinois watches. I'll see if I can find it and see if they have any info on your 60-60 Bunn Special.
    Thanks. I hope you find something.

Thread Information