Info on a Ulysse Nardin pocket watch

Thread: Info on a Ulysse Nardin pocket watch

Picture Info on a Ulysse Nardin pocket watch

I am looking for info on this watch for a friend of mine this is a Ulysse Nardine serial no 4707,pin set,private label made for Savage Lyman & Co of Montreal Canada I would like to know when it was made and how many jewels and more info on Savage Lyman & Co I found a little info on the net they were a department store in the 1800's Ray since your in Canada I thought you mite be able to help me on this one I also know this is swiss.And another thing I notice about the movement you can see were a key would go to wind it so it had to be about the time they switch from key wind to pin set and stem wind.

Re: Info on a Ulysse Nardin pocket watch

http://www.mccord-museum.qc.ca/en/co...ts/M979.87.438

Savage Lyman were on Rue St. Jacques in Old Montreal in the 1800s. Henry Birks worked there before he started his own company which survives to the present day.

I'd guess this one was made around 1890. I don't have a list of serial numbers for U. Nardin, sorry.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thanks Ray for the info I did not know about Henry Briks.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

To answer one of your questions, the watch appears to have 15 jewels. This number was "fully Jeweled" for many Swiss watches well into the 20th century.

True and 15 jewels was pretty good back when synthetic jewels had not yet been developed.

Thread Information