...Information Appreciated...From Vintage Pocket Watch Experts?

Thread: ...Information Appreciated...From Vintage Pocket Watch Experts?

...Information Appreciated...From Vintage Pocket Watch Experts…

I was looking for something else, when I came across these four 1700’/1800’s pocket watches.

I don’t remember even having them to be honest. And, I don’t know much about them.

The David Taylor London watch is only one of the few examples known to exist (dealer who had one’s advertising), and very little is know about David Taylor the watchmaker, other than the fact that he worked for John Ellicott, and Thomas Mudge, and from what I read he did their finest work (from what I could find).

I can’t find anything about O’Rielly, who apparently was a watchmaker in Dublin Ireland…The watch is nicely done, with a Coat Of Arms, hand engraved.

The Park Pocket Watch apparently was made in Frasersburgh Scotland, at least that was the only town that matched the spelling. The hand engraving is superb.

The unmarked one is another finely made British Pocket Watch (I think). I wish I knew something about this maker. The raised cutout work is superb.

I personally think that these watches were made at the height of British Watch Making.

If any of you know anything about these pocket watches, any information would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

John

Click on Thumbnails to Enlarge Photos…

Lot Photo...

Unknown Maker...

David Taylor London...

O'Rielly Dublin...

Parks Frasersburgh...

Last edited by John Vargas; August 1st, 2008 at 03:44. Reason: Grammer/Spellling
    / Tudor: “The Usuals"...Sub, S-D, Daytona's, GMT-II, GMT-IIC, Tudor Sub, Mini-Sub, Ω: NASA Issue Speedy Pro, Cosmic ‘51 R.I., IWC: 3717, Dudley: Masonic Pocket Watch, ℘℘:5107G, 3448, : 31 Day, 47040, BP: Leman Moon Phase Calendar, Milus: TIRM600

"Americans are stupid to believe what they see and read in an IWC Brochure, the photos in the brochure are done to be the best-looking example of the product to make it more desirable, not what is actually available.” Benoit de Clerck, Ex-President, IWC N.A.

Re: ...Information Appreciated...From Vintage Pocket Watch Experts…

Augh! Too many photos in one post and too confusing for us senior citizens to make sense of.
    How about you try again with one post per watch. :thanks
    I don't think they are all 18th century watches. A couple look like verges and a couple look like English levers. We do have some UK pocket watch experts who might be able to help.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Re: ...Information Appreciated...From Vintage Pocket Watch Experts…

Hey Ray,

Thanks for the tip! Will do!

Regards,

John
    Last edited by John Vargas; August 1st, 2008 at 17:00.
    / Tudor: “The Usuals"...Sub, S-D, Daytona's, GMT-II, GMT-IIC, Tudor Sub, Mini-Sub, Ω: NASA Issue Speedy Pro, Cosmic ‘51 R.I., IWC: 3717, Dudley: Masonic Pocket Watch, ℘℘:5107G, 3448, : 31 Day, 47040, BP: Leman Moon Phase Calendar, Milus: TIRM600

"Americans are stupid to believe what they see and read in an IWC Brochure, the photos in the brochure are done to be the best-looking example of the product to make it more desirable, not what is actually available.” Benoit de Clerck, Ex-President, IWC N.A.

Thread Information