Information on Cartier watch with Moeris movement

Thread: Information on Cartier watch with Moeris movement

Information on Cartier watch with Moeris movement

Hi,

I came across this unusual watch the other day. It says Cartier on the dial and I presume it to be a converted pocket watch. Opening up the back, it says "Moeris" "15 jewels". If anyone has additional information on it, I would very much appreciate it!

Thanks!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Information on Cartier watch with Moeris movement

The obvious conclusion is: it's a fake. Someone converted a Moeris pocket watch to a wrist watch and, while he was at it, converted it to a "Cartier" wrist watch to get more cash for it.

Having said that, the quality of the redialling is good, though not perfect. The subdial is not in line (a line drawn through the "15" and "45" markings will not go through the centre of the watch). Also, the font of "Cartier" is fishy (they usually use cursive script and, although I am no Cartier expert, I think that they also used it around that time).

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    The obvious conclusion is: it's a fake. Someone converted a Moeris pocket watch to a wrist watch and, while he was at it, converted it to a "Cartier" wrist watch to get more cash for it.

Having said that, the quality of the redialling is good, though not perfect. The subdial is not in line (a line drawn through the "15" and "45" markings will not go through the centre of the watch). Also, the font of "Cartier" is fishy (they usually use cursive script and, although I am no Cartier expert, I think that they also used it around that time).

Hartmut Richter

Thanks Hartmut! I concluded a fake also as I didn’t find any reference of Cartier using Moeris movements.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Information on Cartier watch with Moeris movement

This looks exactly like my Soviet Molnija pokect watch. Are you sure it says Moeris and not Molnija?

Thread Information