Information please

Thread: Information please

Information please

I have found a couple of wristwatches that belonged to my father along with a pocket watch that is older and was wondering if anyone could tell me anything about them.
    --- 1st is a wristwatch - Microma / swiss / quartz / analog / circlular face /goldtone /metal link band - goldtone on one side and stainless steel on back?
    --- 2nd is a wristwatch marked Geneva swiss / analog/metal band / goldtone and stainless

---3rd is vintage pocketwatch - IWC / have been told some about this piece already / original "Jones" -

any information will be greatly appreciated

Information please

I have found a couple of wristwatches that were my fathers along with a vintage pocket watch -- I am hoping someone can shed some light on these items
    #1 - wristwatch / Microma / swiss/quartz/analog/circular face /goldtone with metal band
    #2 - wristwatch / Geneva/quartz/analog/goldtone and stainless "striped" band and face
    #3 - pocket watch / IWC / early original "Jones"

any information will be greatly appreciated

Re: Information please

A picture tells a thousand words. More is better, especially if you're able to remove the back covers and get pictures from there. Be careful though; without the right tools, you're liable to scratch the case or damage the back and/or internal bits. Helps if you know a friendly jeweler who can do that for you.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Please read our sticky note on Watch Identification. We are helpless to assist without pictures of case dial and hopefully the movement. The pocket watch would be of greatest interest.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Name:  896 enlargement.JPG
Views: 175
Size:  226.3 KB

Name:  pictures 041.jpg
Views: 177
Size:  29.2 KB

Name:  pictures 031.jpg
Views: 217
Size:  71.3 KB

new to site -- here are some pics of pocket watch -- have better ones,but they are not uploading for some reason ... anyway -- what I have been told is significant about this piece is the "H" and the number "896" -- included is an enlargement of this area -- don't believe the case is original, but the works seem to be an early "Jones".

Yes looks like an early Jones model IWC all right. Grade H is a stem wind, 3/4 plate, 16 jewel movement. The serial number registry is lost but probably this one dates to ca 1870. Elson's Patent dates from 1868 but that was before Mr Jones went to Switzerland.
    Thanks for posting. This is the first Jones caliber I have seen here.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thanks for info - has been fun learning about this piece -- when my mother sent it to me to give to my son (age 17 then) along with the wristwatches she said none of these were "good" watches, but just some things she wanted to pass down that were tucked away in my father's dresser-- when I opened the mailed box, I had a feeling that perhaps she was wrong and started researching -- just one one those things you hear about happening --- now trying to find out more about the wrist watches.

Thread Information