Intercontinental Pocket Watch?

Thread: Intercontinental Pocket Watch?

Intercontinental Pocket Watch?

A student of mine is interested in watches, and recently told me of his desire to purchase a decent quality swiss-movement pocket watch for himself. He went to a local jeweler, who showed him an "Intercontinental" brand pocket watch. The price was close to $1,000. I had never heard of the brand. The seller had no printed materials or catalogues for the brand. I searched and found nothing except a faker who makes that "brand" and dozens of others. From the start, I told my student to be careful, and to ask for documents on the watch. The Jeweler told him the watch was swiss-made. I seriously doubt this seller is on the level. Has anyone heard of this maker.

I want to go to this store and confront the owner about what he is selling. Holidays in two weeks. I'll report what he says.

Re: Intercontinental Pocket Watch?

i know of the brands " continental" and "international watch co (iwc) but not the brand Intercontinental

id rather stick to more established brands out there , omega, zenith , paul ditisheim etc

For 1000, he can get two Tissot's with genuine ETA 6497 movements.
    My growing collection of "affordable" vintages: http://www.abslomrob.com

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

There is a record in the mikrolisk with ' intercontinental watch ' related with IWC as below, but of course no idea if its this one:

Wortmarke Bildmarke Hersteller Firmensitz und Details
    Intercontinental Watch E. Homberger-Rauschenbach / International Watch Co. / IWC Schaffhausen, Schweiz; registriert am 28.8.1949

Thread Information