Interested In learning More About This...

Thread: Interested In learning More About This...

Interested In learning More About This...

Hello All,

This was on ebay recently. It's a Pocket Calander Watch. It’s akin to a pocket watch. Does anyone know anything more about them?

I tried searching on the web for more information, but I found nothing.

I think it is fascinating, and a technological marvel.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,

John

/ Tudor: “The Usuals"...Sub, S-D, Daytona's, GMT-II, GMT-IIC, Tudor Sub, Mini-Sub, Ω: NASA Issue Speedy Pro, Cosmic ‘51 R.I., IWC: 3717, Dudley: Masonic Pocket Watch, ℘℘:5107G, 3448, : 31 Day, 47040, BP: Leman Moon Phase Calendar, Milus: TIRM600

"Americans are stupid to believe what they see and read in an IWC Brochure, the photos in the brochure are done to be the best-looking example of the product to make it more desirable, not what is actually available.” Benoit de Clerck, Ex-President, IWC N.A.

Re: Interested In learning More About This...

I am going to let Hartmut have a go at this if he comes by. I don't think I've ever seen one quite like it.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I am not sure whether this is a real watch/clock with a mechanism or whether you have to twiddle something to set it to a date and it gives you the rest of the information. A side view would be helpful (i.e. seeing how thick it is).

It is obviously some calender device. It allows you to see what date it is or, if you have to set it to a date, then to see how many hours day and night there are ("Tag XX lang" and "Nacht XX lang" where XX are the numbers displayed), the hour of sunrise and sunset ("XX Aufgang" and "XX Untergang") and the star sign ("Sonnen <DISPLAY> lauff"). The back has the days of the week.

Nice, interesting find! Thanks for posting that.

Hartmut RIchter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks!

I missed out on the auction, and I was outbid, I should have bid much higher.

I don’t know much about it, but I know I would love to have one for my collection.

I do know you had to rotate it with your fingers.

It is a really nice Perpetual Calendar!

TTYL,

John
    / Tudor: “The Usuals"...Sub, S-D, Daytona's, GMT-II, GMT-IIC, Tudor Sub, Mini-Sub, Ω: NASA Issue Speedy Pro, Cosmic ‘51 R.I., IWC: 3717, Dudley: Masonic Pocket Watch, ℘℘:5107G, 3448, : 31 Day, 47040, BP: Leman Moon Phase Calendar, Milus: TIRM600

"Americans are stupid to believe what they see and read in an IWC Brochure, the photos in the brochure are done to be the best-looking example of the product to make it more desirable, not what is actually available.” Benoit de Clerck, Ex-President, IWC N.A.

Thread Information