ISO info on Vintage OMEGA watch
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By mattmorg11
  • 1 Post By gatorcpa

Thread: ISO info on Vintage OMEGA watch

ISO info on Vintage OMEGA watch

My late father in law gave my wife this watch before he passed. I think it was his high school graduation gift circa 1969. Couldn’t find much info for it online. Anyone know the value or any other details about it? Much appreciated.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Watchbreath likes this.

Re: ISO info on Vintage OMEGA watch

Please read the sticky about valuations.

Looks like a precursor to the Omega Constellation. Nice watch.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Can you unscrew the back of it and either photograph the movement or tell us the numbers on it? There should be a 3-digit movement number and a 7- or 8-digit serial number from which we can date it and determine its model. Also any numbers on the inside of the case back.
    Oh, and nice old Omega.

You need to open the watch to find the reference and movement details. If you are not confident doing this I would take it to a watchmaker . Once you have done this everyone can answer your questions .

Its certainly a mid 60s watch as swiss made has 2 'T' s , it could be a number of different calibers most likely a 500 series.

Nice Kresler bracelet, German made unless I'm wrong

Thanks so much for the quick feedback - I will get those numbers and get back to you!

I'm curious about "10K GF BEZ / STEELBACK" being inscribed on the outside of the caseback, rather than the inside.

Quote Originally Posted by ReallyBored View Post
    I'm curious about "10K GF BEZ / STEELBACK" being inscribed on the outside of the caseback, rather than the inside.
    The case was made in the USA and this hallmark us required by law. It means that the bezel is gold-filled and the back is stainless steel. The rest of the case is gold-plated. I have a watch with this exact case and a cal. 560 (calendar) movement. I suspect yours will be the cal. 550 (non-calendar) instead.

Both of these movement are 17 jewel versions made specifically for the US market. This was done to save US customs duties on watches with more than 17 jewels. The version sold in the rest of the world had 24 jewels.

Since my watch has a 1967 presentation engraving, 1969 for yours makes a lot of sense.

As Kreisler was a US based company, I believe the band would have been originally sold here and most likely made here. In any case, it is not original to the watch, although it certainly could have been purchased at the same time.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa
    ReallyBored likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by gatorcpa View Post
    The case was made in the USA and this hallmark us required by law. It means that the bezel is gold-filled and the back is stainless steel. The rest of the case is gold-plated. I have a watch with this exact case and a cal. 560 (calendar) movement. I suspect yours will be the cal. 550 (non-calendar) instead.

Both of these movement are 17 jewel versions made specifically for the US market. This was done to save US customs duties on watches with more than 17 jewels. The version sold in the rest of the world had 24 jewels.

Since my watch has a 1967 presentation engraving, 1969 for yours makes a lot of sense.

As Kreisler was a US based company, I believe the band would have been originally sold here and most likely made here. In any case, it is not original to the watch, although it certainly could have been purchased at the same time.

Hope this helps,
    gatorcpa
    Thanks, gatorcpa!

Thread Information