Like Tree20Likes
  • 14 Post By Ceristimo
  • 2 Post By Ceristimo
  • 2 Post By handcrank1
  • 1 Post By Ceristimo
  • 1 Post By handcrank1

Thread: It's been 10 years! Wow

It's been 10 years! Wow

I just realized it's been a full decade since I found my dad's old watch and had it fixed up.
    Re-reading my old thread from 10 years ago, I am somewhat embarrassed by it; it's like the ramblings of a child.

This old Delvina Geneve is still my daily. I wear it every day. It still has almost quartz-like accuracy, and runs like a champ. I used to drop it off at my watch maker annually for a service, but after a few times he told me to stop wasting my money as it wasn't necessary to do it that often.

Man, those 10 years went by fast.

Current pic from this morning:
    Name:  Delvina.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  192.4 KB

Still in love with it. Here's to another decade.
    Last edited by Ceristimo; July 2nd, 2018 at 23:38.

Re: It's been 10 years! Wow

Very nice. I have one of my dad’s old watches but never wear it as it’s very small and I don’t want to damage it. Clearly you’re doing it right!!:)

Yeah, in the beginning I was afraid of damaging it too. And it has gotten a few scratches that it didn't have 10 years ago, but... My watch maker said: "Even if you drop it on concrete and break it, I can fix it". He has a fair point. :)
    busmatt and jkpa like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Banned
    Florida - Where your vote counts... and counts...and..

Very Nice! My father never wore a watch so I have nothing horological to inherit from him. My son, on the other hand is a watch guy and I know he has his eye on my Speedmaster. I would love for him to wear it after I no longer need it. It is a great way to keep the connection. I hope you wear your father's watch for years to come as a tribute to him.
    busmatt and OhDark30 like this.

A Speedmaster is significantly nicer than my Delvina, so no wonder he's eyeing it! It is indeed a great way to keep the connection, and I hope you can pass it down one day.
    I am planning on wearing this watch for the rest of my life, I don't see myself ever needing another.
    It's been a great runner for the past decade, so there is no reason why it wouldn't keep ticking for another 50. I'm sure your Speedmaster can keep going for another 100!
    busmatt likes this.

Banned
    Florida - Where your vote counts... and counts...and..

Quote Originally Posted by Ceristimo View Post
    A Speedmaster is significantly nicer than my Delvina, so no wonder he's eyeing it! It is indeed a great way to keep the connection, and I hope you can pass it down one day.
    I am planning on wearing this watch for the rest of my life, I don't see myself ever needing another.
    It's been a great runner for the past decade, so there is no reason why it wouldn't keep ticking for another 50. I'm sure your Speedmaster can keep going for another 100!
    Thanks. As you have already found out, it is not the value of the watch that counts, it is the meaning behind it. I have a few nice watches, however, my absolute favorite is a $30 Timex that my son gave me as a birthday present when he was 10 years old. I would rather have my speedmaster stolen than that $30 watch! I don’t wear it much except when I go for a run, but out of all the watches I have ever owned it will be the one that I will certainly never part with!
    OhDark30 likes this.

Thread Information