J.M. Fisher Co.

Thread: J.M. Fisher Co.

J.M. Fisher Co.

I recieved a old pocket watch that belonged to my grandfather that is marked 'JMF Co.'. I have assertained that this came from a company that produced jewelry in Attleboro MA probably shortly after the turn of the 20th century. I find that John Melatiah Fisher was an influential man in and around Attleboro during this period. I can find nothing more on this time piece though as to whether this was manufactured by J.M Fisher Co. or by someone else and marketed by them. I find near to nothing about this company or these watches. Can someone tell me something about this watch? Thank You!

Re: J.M. Fisher Co.

Ask in the Vintage Forum.

Maybe this could be a place to start:

http://attleboroclocks.com/index.htm
    Cheers!
    Craig M.
    Somerville, MA
    The Escapement Watch Blog
    The Escapement on Twitter

“If only I had known, I should have become a watchmaker.” - Albert Einstein

Watches:
    Breitling Super Avenger Chronograph . Rolex Rebberg Trench Watch . Tag Heuer F1 Chrono . Tissot T-Touch . Tissot T-Race . Million Smart Flying Tourbillon . Zodiac Dragon Wing . Invicta Skeleton 3379 . Invicta Pro Diver 8926 . Scooby-Doo Chrono [A7750] . Alpha "Sea" . Alpha Jump Hour . Vostok CK-1 Orange . Poljot 2614.2H Movement . Gruen Quartz 'Soviet' . G-Shock GW300A-1V / G9000-8V 'Stormtrooper' . Timex Perpetual Calender . Vintage Helbros [Felsa 690 Mvt] ....Among others

Go Yankees!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Pictures of the movement would help us with a better ID. It is unlikely that a local jeweler would be making watches in the early 1900s. More likely to be a private label watch manufactured by a US or Swiss maker.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thread Information