Jaeger leCoultre watch

Thread: Jaeger leCoultre watch

Jaeger leCoultre watch

Hi guys . I have a very unusual JLC watch.... the winder is on the back ( not the side ) of a small sweet round face watch.. and I am trying to find out more about it. The numbers on the back of the case are a bit confusing so will list them all

the main large number is 560 705
    underneath at the edge is Z0R100 ]at least I think thats the numbers !!!
    RC1167C is on the opposite edge

the case is possibly steel or some sort of plating and the numbers and letters on the dial are gold. It has a dainty leather band type strap with buckle fastener (I dont kmow that the strap is the original or not but it does have metal clasps that match the watch casing )..... any body seen this type of watch before.... I'm guessing the winder on the back is highly unusual .. I have never seen it on any watch ! If anybody has a clue please share it with me.... thanx

Banned

Re: Jaeger leCoultre watch

I recall having seen the winding system you describe, on a 1950ies watch.
    It was used on dressy watches, to do away with a protruding, ugly crown that ruined the lines. An invention that nobody uses anymore, unfortunately!

We need pics. Absolutely, super important!

Could the case be Silver? Silver tarnishes to a dark sheen.
    You can test it with a piece of hard boiled egg yellow, by placing a piece on the case and leaving it a couple of hours.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

The most famous JLC watch with back winding is the Futurmatic. This had a bumper wind calibre and had a small second hand at 3:00 and a power reserve at 9:00 - either with a red disc under the dial or by hand. Normally, a small second hand at 3:00 is impossible to achieve directly (the winding system is in the way) but with the crown at the back, it becomes possible. (Alternatively, makers nowadays flip the watch so that the crown is at 9:00 - a fairly common gimmick these days!)

Hartmut Richter

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: Jaeger leCoultre watch

Hi Janne, have attatched a few pictures for you to look at. Sorry theyare not that clear, am having camera issues !!!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

What are the dimensions of the watch? Dependng on the size, it will have either a Cal. 406 "Duoplan":

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...&LeCoultre_406

...or the even more famous Cal. 101:

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...&LeCoultre_101

The latter is the smallest movement ever made serially. Both movements are built on two levels, the only way to achieve these tiny dimensions without a dreadful drop in quality.

Hartmut Richter

Cool Re: Jaeger leCoultre watch

Judging from the dimensions it is the latter of the two. Many thanks for helping me. It is the sweetest watch I have ever laid eyes on.

Banned

If it is a Cal 101, then you have a little Treasure there!
    JLC has given watches with that Callibre to amongs other the British queen.

You should have a watchmaker (or yourself if you know how) open it, and take a pic.

The case, do you still think it is Stainless Steel?
    Platinum has a silvery look to it, but never tarnishes.

Thread Information