JAQUET mechanical stopwatch, any info?

Thread: JAQUET mechanical stopwatch, any info?

JAQUET mechanical stopwatch, any info?

Hi, I have this old mechanical JAQUET hand wind stopwatch that I have no info on, I have tried google but no success, I have also tried opening the case and searching the code on the motv but I have had no joy, is there any one that can give me some info about this stopwatch? I have had a look at it, when you wind it it winds up and on the release the hand spins at hells speed, upon closer inspection I noticed the Pallet was broken or detached, any idea how that can be fixed or if it would be worth fixing, it was my late gran's whom may have gotten it from my grandpa I never met so it would be great if I could restore it.

I attached a few pictures, sorry if they aren't the best quality (BlackBerry)

Thanks guy's.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: JAQUET mechanical stopwatch, any info?

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry but your pictures don't show up. If it is a matter of the ruby on the pallet being missing, it might be just a little difficult but if it is a matter of the pallet being broken or missing entirely, you will have a more difficult job finding a replacement. I am not sure on the availability of parts for stopwatches and would advise you to ask a professional. Despite it being your granddad's watch, I would also advise you not to let your emotions run away - if you are not going to use it, it might be better just to store it rather than spend cash on it now.

Hartmut Richter

Thanks I will keep it in mind. Any info about the brand? It seems I would have to upgrade my tapatalk as my file hosting is not functioning. Will post some pics in due time.

Sent from my CrackBerry 9300 using Tapatalk

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The two entries in Mikrolisk that refer to just Jaquet (a lot of the others are for Jaquet & Girard) is for Rene Jaquet from Geneva, plus one Jaquet SA from Biel. No pictures of the logos, though.....

Hartmut Richter

[img]Pic1.jpg[/img]
    Hope the pic loads now, it is an attachment.

Sent from my CrackBerry using Tapatalk
    Attached Images Attached Images

So today I set about disassembling the little guy, and at the point where it was complete I found the brand on the front of the movement behind the face, turns out its a Excelsior park 317309. Any one have any info on this motv?

Sent from my CrackBerry using Tapatalk

None at all. Excelsior Park was a dependency of Gallet, set up to supply them with chronograph movements. However, other makers also got these movements (the most notable being Zenith) and Excelsior Park also made their own watches. I had no idea that they also made stopwatch movements.....

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information