Jerger Pocket Watch

Thread: Jerger Pocket Watch

Jerger Pocket Watch

Here is a strange watch-a half pound, brass cased, magnifying crystal, 17 jewel Swiss movement. It's case is abt. 55mm dia.,movement abt. 24mm dia., heavy convex crystal, case is solid, lathe turned brass. The Jerger name is printed on what appears to be a paper face. It runs about two days on a winding. Would it be a custom factory made creation or even a non factory job? Any ideas. It appears like maybe a 50's item. Thanks for any clues.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by oldnjcollector; April 21st, 2012 at 22:12. Reason: error

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Jerger Pocket Watch

Welcome to the forum. I would say that at least the movement is even more recent. It is a Fontainemelon (FHF) movement and, since I can also see an "ST" under the balance wheel, it was made during their association with Standard Time from the late sixties onwards (which also included Adolf Schild). It is probably a Cal. ST 96 or derivative:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Standard 96

As to whether it's a standard product or a specially manufactured item, I can't say.

Hartmut Richter

Re: Jerger Pocket Watch

Thank you. The leather looks quite good so a 70's date even wouldn't be unlikely. I'm curious as to who put it together and for what market. I figured the movement was pretty much a universal for a number of assemblers who would put their name on the timepiece. I picked it up for its uniqueness at a reasonable price. I have a habit of buying things that have a limited appeal to other collectors because they can't put an easy value on an unusual item. My normal old pocket watches are in most books.

Thread Information