The Joy of Collecting Vintage Enicar Watches - Page 84
Like Tree2570Likes

Thread: The Joy of Collecting Vintage Enicar Watches

Page 84 of 204 FirstFirst ... 34 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 134 184 ... LastLast

Re: The Joy of Collecting Vintage Enicar Watches

I choose to wear my watches too, including the ones in new condition. For me it's the best way to enjoy them.

This Sherpa Jet arrived today from Australia. The seller told me he replaced the old case with a NOS example. I don't know if this Jet originally had a black and yellow bezel, but I kindda like it. It's really funky. But the best part of this Jet I think is the silver dial. It's all shiny and bright when hit by the sunlight.

I have not yet decided if I want to keep the red strap. I have a 19mm Tropic Star that's ready to go, but than again I think the red leather adds a nice touch and it gives the watch a more vintage feel. Choices, choices...

Name:  Schermafbeelding 2015-03-02 om 14.23.44.jpg
Views: 475
Size:  49.6 KB
    Name:  Schermafbeelding 2015-03-02 om 14.23.58.jpg
Views: 476
Size:  38.9 KB

Here comes the sun
    Name:  Schermafbeelding 2015-03-02 om 14.24.22.jpg
Views: 478
Size:  54.1 KB
    Last edited by vandervenus; March 2nd, 2015 at 17:14.

Quote Originally Posted by Habitant View Post
    The marks inside the case back you refer to are almost certainly watchmaker's service dates.

To remove the movement, it sounds like you need to undo the movement screws (as you described), but then invert it, remove the bezel/crystal and push it gently from the back and remove it from the front.

"...they want to redial it." Dial doesn't look too bad in your pictures!
    Thank you very much!

Your instructions worked great. I was able to clean the hands and dial, pics doesn't show much but in person but dial stands out a lot now, a nice pearlesence has become apparent.
    Name:  Enicar wrist.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  267.3 KB

Qualified labor costs are very low here South of the Border. I was charged $10 USD for clean, oil and adjust for this one at from a posh, reputable jewellers in the commercial district. The local market is used to low prices, but doesnt value crafstmanship nor quality much, so most watchmakers will do the bare minimum to your piece and will try force you into unneeded quick jobs like glass and case swaps, repaint dials and others to make a quicker buck.

I'm still looking for a watchmaker that is willing to charge me more but offers more attention to detail. Yes, the movement was very well regulated to about -2secs a day (but only face up, one day on the wrist and it is another story) and cleaned, but only were it was needed, the bridges weren't polished to remove some light rusting and you won't believe the amount of grime inside the case and between lugs that it had.

Again, I appreciate all the info and advice. Happy to learn so much about watches

Regards!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by yomero View Post
    Qualified labor costs are very low here South of the Border. I was charged $10 USD for clean, oil and adjust for this one at from a posh, reputable jewellers in the commercial district. The local market is used to low prices, but doesnt value crafstmanship nor quality much, so most watchmakers will do the bare minimum to your piece and will try force you into unneeded quick jobs like glass and case swaps, repaint dials and others to make a quicker buck.

I'm still looking for a watchmaker that is willing to charge me more but offers more attention to detail.
    Those prices are ridiculously low. Having an allround watchmaker in Holland swapping a simple glass will cost you about €35 - €60. A service (cleaning, oil and adjust) usually is somewhere between €75 - €150. Specialized watchmakers are becoming a rare breed in my country. They have watches literally piled up in their workshops. I phoned one a couple of days ago about working on my SuperDive and he said he wasn't going to take new orders for the next 3 months...

Gentlemen,
    Can you advise how to remove the winding stem from AR 1145?
    thank you for your pictured-assistance

G

Quote Originally Posted by vandervenus View Post
    Those prices are ridiculously low. Having an allround watchmaker in Holland swapping a simple glass will cost you about €35 - €60. A service (cleaning, oil and adjust) usually is somewhere between €75 - €150. Specialized watchmakers are becoming a rare breed in my country. They have watches literally piled up in their workshops. I phoned one a couple of days ago about working on my SuperDive and he said he wasn't going to take new orders for the next 3 months...
    You should ask on HorlogeForum.nl plenty of decent watchmakers.
    How many Enicars do you have now?
    Vintage Chronographs and Divers are my thing.

Quote Originally Posted by GhentWatch View Post
    You should ask on HorlogeForum.nl plenty of decent watchmakers.
    How many Enicars do you have now?
    Thanks for the heads up. I know the forum you mentioned. Actually, the watchmaker I phoned I got from that forum. He's supposed to be really good, hence the waiting list. I'm specifically looking for a watchmaker in my area, because I don't won't so send my watches by mail. Had some bad luck with that lately...

At this moment I own 16 Enicars. I was also expecting a NOS Star Diver, but that's not gonna happen I'm afraid. The seller hasn't been able to locate it in the last four weeks. There's still a change it might turn up, so fingers crossed. In the meantime I purchased a very nice Graphomatic. Unfortunately it was delivered with the crystal lying off. Nothing that can't be fixed, and the watch seems to be in good condition, with all the functions working.
    Name:  IMG_9677.jpg
Views: 435
Size:  2.01 MB
    yomero likes this.

Anybody know anything about an Enicar "Durit" Ocean Pearl with an AR167 and a brass or copper bezel. Red second hand?

Name:  watch.JPG
Views: 448
Size:  339.2 KB

Name:  watch2.JPG
Views: 452
Size:  189.7 KB

Name:  watch3.JPG
Views: 442
Size:  170.3 KB
    Last edited by Clem Vannstein; March 5th, 2015 at 20:14.

I will post a new thread in case some Sherpa Guide owners miss this post.

GS now has your XHD 35 1/4 crystals in stock. I asked them almost a year ago to make a new batch and they did. As I do not have one, I didn't follow up for a while. But, good news, for those of you looking for a new one, they got em.

See this great post for replacing the crystal yourself. Be very, repeat, very careful with the tension ring. That is key for making it work right. You must reuse your original as it keeps the revolving inner bezel in place.

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/eni...-433520-3.html

Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Clem Vannstein View Post
    Anybody know anything about an Enicar "Durit" Ocean Pearl with an AR167 and a brass or copper bezel. Red second hand?

Name:  watch.JPG
Views: 448
Size:  339.2 KB

Name:  watch2.JPG
Views: 452
Size:  189.7 KB

Name:  watch3.JPG
Views: 442
Size:  170.3 KB
    I have serious doubts about the case. This watch is on eBay, right? I've only seen one other Durit lately, but that looked totally different. It was some kind of 'driver watch', which you have to wear on the inside of your wrist. That looked rather fishy to me also. Everytime I see an Enicar on the bay that is advertised as 'super rare', my spider senses start tickling.

Page 84 of 204 FirstFirst ... 34 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 134 184 ... LastLast

Thread Information