Jules Jergensen pocket watch 18k gold

Thread: Jules Jergensen pocket watch 18k gold

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Jules Jergensen pocket watch 18k gold

I believe this watch to be my great grandfathers. I got it ten years ago when my father passed away and came across it again when I was digging in my safe after a hunting trip. Any info would be great. value, rarity, collectible.

I don't know if it runs cause I can't find the key to wind it for the life of me. I will try to describe it the best that I can other than what the pics show. the dial is white with roman numbers in black, above each roman number is 5, 10, 15, etc. There are 3 hands on the main dial hour, minute, and seconds. the crystal is cracked but doesn't effect the hands and is plastic of some sort. there is a smaller dial with 0, 1, 2, 3, & 4 with one hand on it. on the main dial is jules jergensen copehegen. the cover to the dial has 14 stamped on it.

On the back case is three ports to wind with a key ( can't find). two of the ports have a direction arrow. The words jules jergensen , copenhagen in the middle and bellow copenhaden under GEN of copehagen is what appears to be a N that circles around the number 7 something something 7. On the cover to the back of case at top is the # 15214, under that # is JAD or JAN, or JAP. in the middle to the left is a K with 18 under it, middle to the right is JJ with crown over it. bottom of the cover is #7857. At the vary bottom to the left is a number engraved vary lightly and small I think it is 19075 or 1907c

sorry for the bad pics and any info would be great thanks Ray

300T Divingstar
    5000T COSC Sharkhunter

1000T COSC Pro
    200T Nymph
    1200T Searambler
    Lumi Nox 3600
    Seiko 7n36-7a09
    Tag Heuer Professional
    Jules Jurgensen 6355 (my 1st diver)

Re: Jules Jergensen pocket watch 18k gold

it works. opened the back to the movement and was able to wind a little. dont know what port sets time or how to. the number in the N was 7857 its inside also
    300T Divingstar
    5000T COSC Sharkhunter

1000T COSC Pro
    200T Nymph
    1200T Searambler
    Lumi Nox 3600
    Seiko 7n36-7a09
    Tag Heuer Professional

Nice watch.It mite be a pocket watch made for a Doctor due to the extra second hand.I see a button on the side proberly works like a stop watch that proberly the reset button and was most likly used when taking a pulse.I see three hole on the back.One is for changing the time and the other two for winding so the movement mite have two mainsprings just a guess.Got a photo of the movement.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

My Guess is that this is an independant seconds watch with
    two trains and iif it is then it's a rare beast indeed.
    It is from a very good maker and is undoubtably of the highest
    quality.

Quote Originally Posted by river rat View Post
    Nice watch.It mite be a pocket watch made for a Doctor due to the extra second hand.I see a button on the side proberly works like a stop watch that proberly the reset button and was most likly used when taking a pulse.I see three hole on the back.One is for changing the time and the other two for winding so the movement mite have two mainsprings just a guess.Got a photo of the movement.

here ya go. After messing with it a little only the second had was moving and not the minutes. dont know if wound enough or not cause I don't have the key. Also that little button fell out must of have been broke. I thought it was to release the back but don't know.
    300T Divingstar
    5000T COSC Sharkhunter

1000T COSC Pro
    200T Nymph
    1200T Searambler
    Lumi Nox 3600
    Seiko 7n36-7a09
    Tag Heuer Professional

radger appears to be correct. i would recommend you probably not mess with it too much. get it into the hands of a reputable watch-maker. it is an excellent timepiece.

I would also not mess with it.We can't tell you what it's worth but it's worth taking it to some who knows how to repair and service that watch.A watch is worth more when it works perfect.I bought a nice watch off flea bay and I tried to wind it had a crown to wind it the main spring went pop.I was lucky I was able to get it repaired.Plus if you don't use the right key it could also strip out were the key goes.And now if I get a watch and don't know the service history I get it serviced could save some damage.And that is a nice looking movement thanks for posting a shot of the movement.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodschwartz View Post
    radger appears to be correct. i would recommend you probably not mess with it too much. get it into the hands of a reputable watch-maker. it is an excellent timepiece.
    Is there a web site that I can look up watch makers specializing in pocket watches. I live in Miami and don't have a clue.
    300T Divingstar
    5000T COSC Sharkhunter

1000T COSC Pro
    200T Nymph
    1200T Searambler
    Lumi Nox 3600
    Seiko 7n36-7a09
    Tag Heuer Professional

I would have Gilbert or Miller at Ashland, Sarasota look at it. 800 424 5353.
    Jurgensen antiques are no mystery to them. Had one recently for sale $23,000+. The primary price guide for old watches comes from there. You will be surprised at the repair cost but its worth it.
    Yours valuable but not $20k. More like $5 to $10K, the bow wind repeaters with extra complications are $20K. I have bought a few good cheaper things from them. Fine to deal with. I was interested in a rare Howard watch. By checking back to high level auctions noticed they bought it (same serial#) 4 years earlier at about 70% of their asking price. A very reasonable profit. They did not accept my 80% offer, but they often do accept reasonable lower offers.
    Last edited by artb; April 17th, 2010 at 10:08. Reason: clarify numbers

Quote Originally Posted by hray View Post
    Is there a web site that I can look up watch makers specializing in pocket watches. I live in Miami and don't have a clue.
    Artb gives you good advice as to where you should send your watch,
    everybody in here will testify that he knows about fine watches.

Your watch is definately an independent seconds chronograph with
    the small seconds hand jumping 1/5th of a second per division.
    I have one of these, only a movement though and by a different maker.

The jumping seconds hand is driven by its own spring and train
    which interacts through the escape wheel via a 'flirt' (which is basically
    an arm on an arbor). This revolving arm on the last arbor of the train engages with the escape pinion, is released and flys round and engages
    with the pinion again. On the small seconds dial the hand will make
    a complete revolution once a second.
    Last edited by radger; April 17th, 2010 at 10:16. Reason: spelin agayn

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information