Junghans Max Bill with replaced hands?

Thread: Junghans Max Bill with replaced hands?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Junghans Max Bill with replaced hands?

Hi everyone!

Not exactly a watch but I do think this would be interesting for you guys (and helpful for me).
    I recently bought a vintage Max Bill kitchen clock on Ebay.
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/142569810895

I've tried to return the clock but it was rejected by the seller and eBay (I guess because it was a private sale).

Did anyone see such hands on a MB clock? I think the dial is an early one(with star logo) and you can see them from time to time. But such hands with counterweight - I couldn't find one with same hands in whole internet.

Any Max Bill experts here can give a good advise?

Thank you!
    Vacheron Constantin - Audemars Piguet - Jaeger LeCoultre - Rolex - IWC - Omega - Glashutte Original - Grand Seiko - TAG Heuer - Nomos - Cartier - Piaget - Longines - Zenith - Montblanc - Mondaine - Swatch - Movado - Lip - Vostok - Raketa - GUB - Hudson - FHF/Fontaine-melon - Eterna - Junghans - Braun - Waltham - H.Y. Moser & Cie. - Touchon & Co. - Louis Grisel - Waltham - J.Assmann - N. Farny-Merz - Henchoz Freres

"Broadly speaking short words are best and the old words when short, are best of all." - Winston Churchill

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Junghans Max Bill with replaced hands?

Sorry I can't help much - but I would say that the hands are in general keeping with the style of the clock (even though they may or may not be original to the model). Maybe Junghans used slightly different hands for the wall clocks and the wrist watches in MB watches.....

Hartmut Richter

I wonder what's the big idea is hidden under 500eur for kitchen timer/clock?
    Chaos is my focus

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The hands are definitely not original. Here's a example from the MOMA https://www.moma.org/collection/works/139247
    You should use this entry as a reference and you could try again with eBay and appealing this decision. Unfortunately, you overpaid the clock and should have inspected all the details before buying it.

You can see that behind the base of the hands where they are held to the clock a part is very visible and it could not be intended. It looks bad. Also, Here http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-qTPKG2fXsB...maxbill_03.jpg you can see that the color of the hands' holder is chromed and not brass colored/made.

What size strap does that watch have?

Quote Originally Posted by laikrodukas View Post
    I wonder what's the big idea is hidden under 500eur for kitchen timer/clock?
    It is the design and to be more precise - the name of designer. You may want to google "Max Bill".
    Vacheron Constantin - Audemars Piguet - Jaeger LeCoultre - Rolex - IWC - Omega - Glashutte Original - Grand Seiko - TAG Heuer - Nomos - Cartier - Piaget - Longines - Zenith - Montblanc - Mondaine - Swatch - Movado - Lip - Vostok - Raketa - GUB - Hudson - FHF/Fontaine-melon - Eterna - Junghans - Braun - Waltham - H.Y. Moser & Cie. - Touchon & Co. - Louis Grisel - Waltham - J.Assmann - N. Farny-Merz - Henchoz Freres

"Broadly speaking short words are best and the old words when short, are best of all." - Winston Churchill

Moderator at Large stuffler,mike's Avatar

Hands are dead wrong, sorry.
    Kind regards
    Mike

Instagram @mikestuffler

Quote Originally Posted by stuffler,mike View Post
    Hands are dead wrong, sorry.
    You're right I'm afaraid.

Let me post Seller details here so that other buyers know.

BUYER BEWARE!!!
    Rhineck on Ebay. His real name is probably Dieter Torge (rhineck) - at least that's how he appears on PayPal invoice.
    Seller of fake clocks (see above).

This is totally wrong... The clock is not fake
    Chaos is my focus

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I would also support that view. Just because the hands are wrong, it doesn't make the watch a fake. When hands or crown are wrong, it might be defendable to call it a frankenwatch but there will be some that would say that even this is stretching it a bit!

Hartmut Richter

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information