Just arrived... Kienzle stop-timer

Thread: Just arrived... Kienzle stop-timer

Just arrived... Kienzle stop-timer

I've been on a chrono streak the past few weeks. This Kienzle just came in while I'm still waiting on a gorgeous Globus.

The sellers discription didn't mention what the movement was beside handwind. Thought I'd open it up but the the plastic case and curved caseback are pressed together. Anyone got an idea?

It runs great. So no need to adjust it for now. Just curious about the movement. The chrono is 60seconds only. Bezels are fixed. Bottom pusher engages chrono and top pusher flies the hand back to 12.

Altough the case is made of resin the watch does have some weight to it. The original 19mm rubber strap is also in a good supple condition. Too bad the lume ceased working but cosmetically in good shape.

All in all I'm very pleased with my find.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Re: Just arrived... Kienzle stop-timer

Quote Originally Posted by om-4 View Post
    I've been on a chrono streak the past few weeks. This Kienzle just came in while I'm still waiting on a gorgeous Globus.

The sellers discription didn't mention what the movement was beside handwind. Thought I'd open it up but the the plastic case and curved caseback are pressed together. Anyone got an idea?

It runs great. So no need to adjust it for now. Just curious about the movement. The chrono is 60seconds only. Bezels are fixed. Bottom pusher engages chrono and top pusher flies the hand back to 12.

Altough the case is made of resin the watch does have some weight to it. The original 19mm rubber strap is also in a good supple condition. Too bad the lume ceased working but cosmetically in good shape.

All in all I'm very pleased with my find.
    I was going to say that it looks like what you've got is a Ruhla calibre 24-35 pin-lever from VEB-Ruhla, East Germany, cased up by Kienzle in West Germany. I've seen many basic (non chrono) Kienzles built by Ruhla. But then I notice that you seem to have a complete stop-start mechanism, rather than the stop-and-hold of the 24-35, and yours is fully-jewelled, so I don't know what you've got.

I've seen this style of 'tropicalized' case on some Kienzles and Ruhlas but never a chrono version. I've no idea how to open it. A watchmaker could figure it out though.
    Last edited by Chascomm; April 2nd, 2008 at 05:18.

Mod. Russian, China Mech. Chascomm's Avatar

Just found this on another site refering to the Kienzle Stop-Timer:
    "The watch is a 2 piece timer with an outer plastic case which is blue and the inner watch which pops out of the plastic case. The inner watch is chrome plated metal."

So I was completely wrong about it being a tropicalized solid case.

Anyway, it sounds like a cool bit of kit. Are you sure the minute bezel does not rotate?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Cool, thanks.

Indeed the case pops out. Come to think of it, the seller did mention it but I forgot.
    Finishing and tolerance is very tight. You wouldn't think the two would seperate.

And no, the black bezel does not rotate.

Its in amazingly clean condition - nice find!

stuffler,mike

Cool vintage piece. Nice find.

Thread Information