Just for fun, the box is full, now what, get a new box?

Thread: Just for fun, the box is full, now what, get a new box?

Picture Just for fun, the box is full, now what, get a new box?

top row: Omega 300f, Omega Chronostop, Omega 1953 RAF, Omega 30t2 1944 WWW RAF, Omega Seamaster 30, Omega 321 Date at 6, Omega 420 auto, Omega 30T2 US case

second row: Glycine Airman 1, Glycine Airman 1, Zodiac Aerospace, Longines 18k Conquest date at 12 1998, Longines Stainless with Gold top Conquest date at 12 ca 1958, Longines calibre 890 ca 1978, Venus triple date moon phase, Movado Calendo

third row: Accutron Astronaut 214, Accutron Deep Sea 218, Accutron Assymetric 214, Accutron 14K solid gold 214 ca 1960, Accutron space view ca 1962, Accutron 218 Bow tie, Accutron 218 Railroad, Accutron 218 roman numeral dial.

top row: Bulova 11aerc alarm ca 1970, Bulova 11aerc alarm ca 1958, Vulcain Cricket ca 1958, Bertmar triple date, Favre Leuba Harpoon, Longines diver ca 1974, Zodiac Sea Wolf ca 1974, Bulova Oceanographer ca 1974

second row: Rolex Oyster ca 1935, Gruen Curvex, Hamilton Darrel, Hammilton, Tissot, Mido ca 1940, Mido ca 1970, Eterna chronometer

third row: Longines small Weems, Zodiac 24 hour Aerospace, Accutron 14kt solid gold 218, Mercury LED, Texas Instruments NOS LED, Bulova Driver LED, Compuchron Chronograph Watch LED, Witnauer Polara LED

Left to right; Seiko 7a28 RAF, Seiko 7a28 RAF, Seiko 7a38 on strap, Spare 7a28 movement for RAF if required, HP-01 LED spare with bad module and mediocre case, Good HP-01 with bronze bezel and bronze keys to be restored. Two Pulsar II's, on RGP executive and one stainless steel Astronaut version with spare module all working.

The box was an ebay purchase in Mohaganey with steel fasteners for 130 Euros, undervalued at German Ebay only. So either get rid of watches to make room or by another box!

All watches in this box were purchased at flea markets, garage sales, Ebay, legal pawn shops, junk stores and antique marts. All were either broken or in very sad states of disrepair. All needed case restorations or dials and movements cleaned or hands relumed, etc. As a matter of fact I limit myself to broken watches as a general rule. That way the price is almost zero, $5.00 for the 1935 rolex oyster not working at a garage sale, $5.00 for the 1960 18kt gold 214 Accutron not working. Then I go to work and restore, contracting out the really hard movement repairs after I track down out of stock parts.

I am fortunate in that I travel the world for a living, airline pilot, and attend weekend flea marts, etc around the world. Also get to visit many watch parts supply houses and find in there stock for example, a date wheel for a 1958 polerouter that even Universal no longer has.

Lots of fun and get to see the cities for a reason instead of the inside of a hotel room.

In anycase, cheers, keep collecting and restoring as these beauties are getting rarer an rarer as time goes by.

Geoff

Re: Just for fun, the box is full, now what, get a new box?

Hi -

Nice Gruen.

If you want, just send the contents to me, I'll be happy to pay for the postage...

Seriously: fantastic collection, plus a excellent approach to acquisition for someone who has the time and patience to handle the work.

Me, I lack the time and my wife lacks the patience.

Serious kudos and me hat's off to ya. I see at least three watches there - RAF Seikos, Accutron Railroad and Rolex '35 - that would be, for me, serious contenders for acquisition...i.e. I've been watching the markets and prices for them. I'll be in London this summer and will see if I can acquire a RAF Seiko (I'd be happy with a RAN one as well...).

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

John

I include my wife in the collection, to date she has an omega ca 1944 30-t2, 1957 GF Tudor with Rolex in house movement, 1935 Oyster Raliegh in mint condition, for walking the dog at the beach a boys size oaranged dialed Seiko divers watch, a squared Bulova driver from the 30's.

That solves the wife feeling left out problem!

Thanks for the compliments and there should be some RAF's around London. Can't remember the name of the major flea market their but there is and antiques mall off Oxford street with major vintage watch booths, albiet expensive it is fun to look and talk.

Church street near Regents park, look for Rafies antique mart, downstairs the largest collection (100) of vintage Hamiltons, Walthams, Elgins, Lecoutres and etc from the 40 and 50's including about a dozen working venturas and pacers as well as other Hamilton electrics!

Cheers, Geoff

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Awesome! Nice going there.

Hi -

Trip to Portobello Road is already planned, will check out the Church Street as well!

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Thread Information