Just in two vintages...

Thread: Just in two vintages...

Just in two vintages...

Hey guys, Just recieved a 1963 Favre-Leuba TwinPower dress watch. This watch is nicer than I was hoping for, whoever owned it must have never worn the thing as the crystal has almost zero scratches, the case has just very tiny hairlines on some areas, the strap apparrently was never worn as it is rock hard and had no visual signs of wear. Bought this for less than a tank of gas for my civic

The second one is a Longines 10k gold filled manual wind. I do not know too much about this one, all week I have been trying to find info on it with no luck. The case is in great shape with no noticeable wear in the gold fill, the crystal isn't too bad but definitely needs some love. I am actually planning on having this watch sent out to Longines for a restoration. This watch is running as well.

All in all not a bad week for me as I got both watches for less than an skx007
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Just in two vintages...

A couple of nice pick-ups there

I'd speak to 'Ulackfocus' regarding the Longines, as he's the man in the know!!

Re: Just in two vintages...

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyMonkey View Post
    A couple of nice pick-ups there

I'd speak to 'Ulackfocus' regarding the Longines, as he's the man in the know!!
    He'll need a movement pic for full details.

Twin Powers are cool... Longines did one in their 990, I believe.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information