Juvenia Chronograph

Thread: Juvenia Chronograph

Juvenia Chronograph

Hi all

I just bought a Juvenia Chronograph and I'd like to find out a bit more about it, particularly the movement calibre and a rough production date. It is not listed on Ranfft, so I presume that this movement was in fact produced by another company and then branded by Juvenia. As it has a sweep second hand, this eliminates most of the usual suspects (I did go through the complete list of chrono movements, but didn't see it then - my eyes may have misted over, though), so any help much appreciated.

Regards,

Michael
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Juvenia Chronograph

Hi,
    Venus 150 - bidfun-db Archive: Watch Movements: Venus 150
    So this is Chrono from 50's and dial look's brand new - repainted or replaced? I assume Yes.
    "Life is a path, Death a destination."

I presume it has been re-dialed. Not by me, but the print is nearly perfect, but for a tiny blur on one of the second divisions. I thought it was a Venus 150, too, but for the fact that it has a sweep second hand, and I don't see any variation that has a sweep second.

Thanks!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Still hunting around on Ranfft... I suspect it's a Valjoux 72 with a drive over wheel added. Have enclosed a picture that I downloaded from Mr Ranfft's site.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

No, definitely not a Valjoux. Valjoux have nine columns in the column wheel (unless converted to single pusher, in which case they have six - or unless they are cam lever chronographs, in which case they have none at all!). It could be a Venus 175, practically the same as the 150 but in a slightly bigger size.

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Venus 175

Hartmut Richter

very nice movement and good redial
    Omega the sign of Excellence since 1848. Jaeger Le Coultre Horlogerie de Luxe depuis 1833
    22 times Olympic games timekeeper, Nasa watch supplier and holder of several world records of precision, Omega has the world's trust
    Omega and Rolex for ever
    Eterna Nothing but Watchmaking since 1856
    Zenith Swiss Watchmaking and Chronometry champion since 1865

Thanks, Hartmut. And my apologies - it clearly doesn't have a sweep second hand, but is in fact a sub second. Don't know what was going on in my mind, a bit distracted to say the least!
    Last edited by Habitant; February 2nd, 2013 at 00:04. Reason: Stupid mistake!

Thread Information