Like Tree14Likes
  • 5 Post By FreddyNorton
  • 1 Post By CC Texas
  • 5 Post By bubba48
  • 1 Post By bloody watches
  • 2 Post By pyddet

Thread: Juvenia stainless

Juvenia stainless

Going through my piles of watches from lots I came across this one. It had a busted yellowed crystal and was generally filthy and the dial was coated in what seemed to be nicotine and the hands were rusty. Spent a few hours yesterday cleaning it up. Crystal is wrong but its all I had that would "fit". To me this looks like a fairly high quality stainless watch even has a "J" signed crown! But this brand does not seem to be to popular anyone know anything about this watch? Its 35mm without the crown so decent size for the era "1950s?).

balaton, laikrodukas, mkws and 2 others like this.

Re: Juvenia stainless

Nice clean up job! I like it! The engine-turned dial is a nice, uncommon touch, that really makes the watch pop. Never heard of Juvenia.
    FreddyNorton likes this.
    "A watch is ruined, not by time, but by bad handling. To run well it should be wound regularly, cleaned yearly, and, if injured, taken to a competent, practical man. A ​Waltham watch properly cared for will last a lifetime." -American Waltham Watch Co. Catalog (c) 1900
    “When your watch gets out of order you have a choice of two things to do: throw it in the fire or take it to the watch-tinker. The former is the quickest.” -Mark Twain

The watchmaker Jacques Didisheim Goldschmidt had his eyes decisively on the future when he founded his watch factory in 1860. Sensing better opportunities, he soon moved to La Chaux-de-Fonds. Jacques' son, Bernard, succeeded his father, and made Juvenia into a manufacturing enterprise. Rational production methods were evidenced by calibers with baseplates, bars and bridges of standard pattern. In 1914, the Juvenia watch brand introduced the smallest movement constructed on a single level, with a diameter of 9.5 mm for a height of 2.5 mm. Juvenia went on to contribute to the history of the wristwatch with extraordinary case designs and unusual time indications. The 1940 "Mystere" model, for example, had a cover over the arbor for the hands. The "Trigone", from the fifties, featured large triangular hands. As early as the forties, Juvenia was targeting customers who worked with numbers. The "Arithmo" launched in 1945 as a wristwatch, pocket- watch
    or desk clock, promised "trouble-free calculation", justified by a practical slide-rule. In 1988, Juvenia passed under the control of Asia Commercial, Hong Kong.
    The Arithmo, probably the most famous model of Juvenia

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Last edited by bubba48; November 2nd, 2017 at 18:15.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

The movement is a bridge adaptation of the ETA Cal. 1081 (or derivative):

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: ETA 1081

Hartmut Richter

This Juvenia is one of my favourites - the back however is the star of the show (I take photos they way i drive - sorry)
    Name:  2017-11-04 19.57.56.jpg
Views: 143
Size:  1.03 MB
    Name:  2017-11-04 19.59.13.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  1.94 MB
    Last edited by bloody watches; November 4th, 2017 at 12:41. Reason: spelling of course
    FreddyNorton likes this.
    I wish i could think of something funny to put here.

Juvenia has a really long history and gets a bit of a bad rap because of all the NOS models flooding Ebay. To me, they're amazing watches for the price. My next one is on its way from the UK as we speak...Name:  Juvenia-tank.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  115.5 KB
    laikrodukas and FreddyNorton like this.
    Tudor/Omega/Oris/Longines/Hamilton/Seiko

Thread Information