Kaiser wristwatch

Thread: Kaiser wristwatch

Kaiser wristwatch

I picked this up at a car boot yesterday mainly for the 'military' strap but also because I thought there may be a chance it could be useful for spares.
    The watch itself was missing it's crown and stem but the dial looked nice and clean and I liked the design.
    On getting home I opened it up and saw it was different from anything else I had, so as yet no use for spares(I dont even know if it runs).
    The 10 micron plating was worn but a bit of polish and the brass underneath blends in with the remaining plating making it look ok.

I looked up Kaiser and found little anywhere so thought I'd post a thread mainly to get the information and pictures on the net for future use for others and to contribute information on the lesser brands.
    The movement is marked 'KAISER K48' and there is 818 stampede onto one of the movement brackets, there appears to be at least 2 jewels.

I love the dial which is in exceptional condition as are the very nice hands, the second finger is a belter IMHO.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: Kaiser wristwatch

And a couple more picture, you may just be able to see 818 on the movement 'lug'
    Attached Images Attached Images

Hi!

This is a nice wtach from the production of the German company J. Kaiser. In 1932 they became shareholders of the Badische Uhrenfabrik AG. They almost produced alarm clocks, later pocketwatches and from 1950 on wristwatches. The caliber is an inhouse production, a pin lever movement K48.
    Best regards, Mike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

thanks for that, now I have cleaned it up and it looks so nice I will have to find a crown and stem to see if it actually runs, even the good lady wife likes this one!

update, I have discovered that this should run ok as when taking it apart the whole thing sprang into life!
    It looks like the pallet lever had come out of it's seating at the bottom causing it to jam.
    This could have been the reason the crown & stem was removed?
    Anyway I got it all back together I just need a stem & crown...the search begins...

Thread Information