Kasper - Page 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Kasper

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: Kasper

Thanks to all that have replied... I'm learning a great deal of history as I go along on this tiny adventure.

I was puzzled by the logo on the face; yes, it reminded me a bit of Audi but not enough...
    Online search of graphic objects is a topic for someone's PhD project and dissertation. Thanks, Harmut.

What other visual information would make it possible to figure out more about this watch?
    I had hoped to earn some credibility by doing a semi-respectable job of describing and documenting the watch
    (as I am new to the forum).

As you can see, there are no serial or model numbers anywhere that I could see.
    Identifying a caliber from visual clews is more than I could have hoped for.

Again, thanks to all who have replied... and, as this Kasper is really outside my line of particular interests,
    are there any suggestions for a good home for it?

I'm inspired by the scientist's favorite words: "Hmmm, that's odd..."

Cheers, all.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I think that we have extracted as much definite information from this one as we could. About the only thing that might be cleared up more definitely is the logo on the dial - but for that, there would have to be tiny lettering in the bar crossing the four rings. Alternatively, one could find evidence of a "collaboration" between Kasper and Auto Union (difficult, now that Kasper have folded - maybe Audi have something in their archives?!). As for the rest, you just have to know your internet resources and that you only get through years of experience.....

These small, two handed ladies' watches are sadly not sought after at all (especially ones with cylindre escapement) so I can't recommend a good home, I'm afraid.

Hartmut Richter

Hatrmut, thank you for the comments. Makes for an interesting historical story.
    Apologies for mis-typing your name in an earlier post... as a newbie, I can't edit once published.

Is there a way to link this thread with the German watch forum?
    There might be some folk there who find this specific topic interesting.

Meanwhile, I will keep my Ms. Kasper in the stocking drawer, clean, warm and dry.

Thanks again to all who visited, viewed and commented.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

And again, my apologies to Hartmut for mis-typing his name. Twice.
    Lesson for newbies: Don't drink and type.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

No problem - my name is a little difficult for non-Germans.

As for the German watch forum, I'd just post a new thread there and link to this one here. Or start a new one there.

Hartmut Richter

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information