Kelek Chronograph
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Paparazzi

Thread: Kelek Chronograph

Kelek Chronograph

Hi All

I recently purchased a vintage (1970) Kelek mechanichal chronograph. Prior to purchasing the watch, I briefly researched the brand, and found out that they supplied movements to Breitling.
    After purchasing the watch, I was able to get a copy of the article "Kelek - Selfwinding chronographs against all odds", published in the Europa Star magazine in 1995. Copy of the article attached for those with an interest in this somewhat obscure manufacturer. Two years after this article was published, Kelek was taken over by Breitling and renamed Chronometrie Breitling. An electronic copy of the article was provided by Europa Star free of charge.
    Enjoy the read.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Marrick and WatchFred like this.
    " My opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, anyplace, anytime. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick up a number and get in the line" Christopher Hitchens, author and writer

Re: Kelek Chronograph

Take a look on the www.watchguy.co.uk blog. I think Christian has previously posted service pictures of a couple of funky Kelek watches from the 70s. Great looking watches.

Re: Kelek Chronograph

Thanks for the link tritto.
    That chronograph looks indeed stunning.
    " My opinion is enough for me, and I claim the right to have it defended against any consensus, any majority, anywhere, anyplace, anytime. And anyone who disagrees with this can pick up a number and get in the line" Christopher Hitchens, author and writer

Thread Information