key wind wristwatch

Thread: key wind wristwatch

key wind wristwatch

I found this unique watch on ebay item # 220541232787 that is a key wind movement and looks to have been made in the 70's or 80's. My curiosity leads to these questions: how is the time changed on this watch becuause there is no stem. And have any of you all ever encountered a watch like this before?

the pics are distorted for some reason when I cut and pasted from sellers pics
    Attached Images Attached Images

I'm a watchbreaker not a watchmaker.

Down where people say "How's it goin'" and wait for an answer.

Re: key wind wristwatch

I seriously doubt it's actually a key wind movement. From the looks of the recessed circle around where the "key" goes, I'd venture to say that it had a crown there, and the crown has since been lost.

EDIT: It's in the Ranfft Database, and there is another thread on that same watch here on WUS, but the pictures have all expired. There did used to be a crown there, and I don't know how you would set it without it.

http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...k&Voumard_2000

https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=5269
    Last edited by Bleh; January 16th, 2010 at 23:42.
    | HKED Bund| Casio Riseman |1940's Bulova Tank | Orient Black Mako | Helm Vanuatu v2 | 60's Benrus Auto |
    I got out of watches for a long time, but I'm coming back!

Quote Originally Posted by Bleh View Post
    I seriously doubt it's actually a key wind movement. From the looks of the recessed circle around where the "key" goes, I'd venture to say that it had a crown there, and the crown has since been lost.
    Ok, I think I understand now. It is like those old traveling alarm clocks with the tabs to wind the mainspring and the tab can fold out, and when you are done it folds back in
    I'm a watchbreaker not a watchmaker.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The Voumard 2000 is a backwind watch -- the "crown" is missing in yours. I have two of them, one with a plastic crown on the back, and one with a metal one. I have a pic of the one handy and have attached it as an example.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Endorama; January 17th, 2010 at 06:37. Reason: Found pic available to upload

Thread Information