Keystone Howard Series 5

Thread: Keystone Howard Series 5

Picture Keystone Howard Series 5

Here is a keystone Howard series 5,16 size,19 jewel,lever set,adjusted to 5 positions and temperture serial no 1079289 there records are not that good for this no. made between 1909 to 1912 and these were approved for railroad service till 1930 from what I read about them.

Re: Keystone Howard Series 5

One of my favorite watch companies. Thanks for posting.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

That looks royale...amazing..

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Stop showing us such beautiful pocket watches!!...

...You're making me jealous...
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

My collection is small compred to some I know in the NAWCC.I been collecting since 1986 but got more in to it in the 1990's I got more to show.I have slowed down buying watches I am picky at what I buy now I bought a lot of junk at first I only sold a few at a NAWCC mart the one's I had doubles of they were railroad grade but the junk no one wanted and stuff I like and dont want to sell is the stuff they want I have learned a lot since I started collecting watches what to buy and what not to buy.Plus I am a pack rat.And the stuff I past on in the beginning that I liked have doubled in price and I can't afford them now.
    Last edited by river rat; October 27th, 2008 at 04:15.

Thanks for sharing. Always enjoy seeing a Howard movement, I guess I enjoy the way the bridges allow one to see the details of the movement. I don't see Howards too often and when I do they're too expensive.

One last thing, the dial is interesting. It's technically not a Montgomery dial as in a proper Montgomery all the superscript numbers should be upright. I've never seen one like this, I wonder if it was propriety to Howard?

Hi Ron
    In the book complete price guide to watches (2006 one) page 267 keystone Dial's they have a motgomery dial like mine I wish the book had color photo's but that would probley double the price of the book.

Quote Originally Posted by RON in PA View Post
    Thanks for sharing. Always enjoy seeing a Howard movement, I guess I enjoy the way the bridges allow one to see the details of the movement. I don't see Howards too often and when I do they're too expensive.

One last thing, the dial is interesting. It's technically not a Montgomery dial as in a proper Montgomery all the superscript numbers should be upright. I've never seen one like this, I wonder if it was propriety to Howard?
    Hi Ron
    I was at another forum and saw something on Howard and Montgomery dials they said Howard did it differnt so they would not have to pay Montgomery since he had a patent on it.Could be true?

Thread Information