Ladies Gold Omega: Help with IDing & Fining Value

Thread: Ladies Gold Omega: Help with IDing & Fining Value

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Ladies Gold Omega: Help with IDing & Finding Value

Hello all,

A friend with a vintage ladies Omega watch asked if I could find information and a ballpark value for her watch.

The accompanying photos are not that great, but to my untrained eye, the timepiece has been very well cared for. Yes, it runs.

Any help will be appreciated

Last edited by rik408; August 10th, 2008 at 01:03. Reason: typo

Re: Ladies Gold Omega: Help with IDing & Finding Value

We need to see the serial number off the movement to ID it properly. I have a list of Omega serial numbers up to 1970. The movement caliber is also helpful.
    It's very hard to ID ladies watches as the styles don't change that much over the years. I'd take a guess that this one is from the 1960s.
    We don't give valuations here, sorry. Read our sticky notes for reasons why.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Hi,
    Thanks for your reply.
    I will tell the owner of the watch about what you said regarding the serial number.
    I have the impression that this is more of a "just curious" kind of thing with her however.
    She was just wondering "about" how much it is worth.
    If you do not do valuations here however, I will search elsewhere.
    Again, thanks for your time :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Ladies Gold Omega: Help with IDing & Fining Value

This is a nice omega that i believe is from the first half of the 1960s(63-66)the small feminine dress watch on cord was still worn during this time and yellow gold was popular with day and evening wear.It has a very stream line euro look that would have been considered high fashion at the time.Are there any karat stamps on the case or back?Omega has always designed great cases...this style of feminine dressy watch has a renewed following among the young 20 something business woman.

You guys are so knowledgeable!
    I looked all over at the time I took the photos (I have since returned the watch to the owner) but saw no identifying markings of any sort (save for the "Omega" on the face of the watch).
    I recall the owner telling me it was all gold movements inside, however.

A few general comments.
    It's a prestigious make of ladies' watch. If it has a gold case that is worth something as well.
    Ladies' watches are not as collectible as mens' watches when it comes to vintage. They generally fetch lower prices at auction.
    Check eBay and you'll find prices all over the map depending on case material, precious stones and whether model is rare or not. These are things we cannot determine here from photos.
    In general this would be a somewhat more valuable ladies' watch than most we see but it's impossible for us to say what it's worth. Probably worth less than you might think though. Not worth any special insurance.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

OK, thanks Ray :)

Thanks much to everyone for their attention and "time" (OK, that was bad!).
    Yes indeed the watch is a wind-up. I am not sure what caret it is, but its solid gold.
    The lady I am researching this for asked me to remove the back, but since I possess no special tools, I declined. I would hate to damage such a piece. She said she will see if she can get the back off for the serial number and such. Said she has some "small tools".

One additional little bit of information is she said the watch was made in 1946.

More will hopefully be forthcoming on this.

PS I work for a non-profit organization, and I have a few other watches that are donations.
    I am also going to post an Omega Seamaster 120 on here, if any are interested.
    This one is actually for sale.

Can't be posted here for sale, sorry. Rules do not permit sales anywhere but in our special Sales Corner. You need to state a price as well if you plan to sell it there.
    I'm surprised the Omega is that old but as I said earlier classic designs are hard to date from the style of case and dial.

:thanks

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information