Lanco-Sarcar

Thread: Lanco-Sarcar

Lanco-Sarcar

Hello
    Could Name:  P1010739 - copia.JPG
Views: 1860
Size:  512.7 KByou help me to identify this vintage Lanco-Sarcar? I find no any reference that Sarcar (Carlos Sarzano) signed or built or designed watches for Lanco.
    In that year could be made?ThanksName:  P1010771 - copia.JPG
Views: 2989
Size:  503.6 KB

Re: Lanco-Sarcar

Hello.
    Happy New 2011.
    Nobody knows anything about the collaboration between SARC and Lanco?
    Indeed, a month ago I sent an email to [email protected] and I have not even answered. It is sad that companies-factories like SARCAR do not value as more of their vintages and that these companies do not value more to the people collectors of his watches.
    Un saludo

Hi.

I'm sorry that nobody has replied to your post. I certainly don't know anything about the possible connection with Sarcar. The movement seems to be a Langendorf 1022 - probably 1940's as it has no shock protection and only 15 (not 17) jewels.

Happy New Year.
    Everybody is ignorant, only on different subjects."

Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Please don't PM me to ask for a valuation - I won't attempt one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Quote Originally Posted by serenata View Post
    Hello.
    Happy New 2011.
    Nobody knows anything about the collaboration between SARC and Lanco?
    Indeed, a month ago I sent an email to [email protected] and I have not even answered. It is sad that companies-factories like SARCAR do not value as more of their vintages and that these companies do not value more to the people collectors of his watches.
    Un saludo
    I would imagine that it's more the other way round. Langendorf made watches with their own movements so I find it difficult to imagine that they would get someone else to make watches for them. It's only a 15 jewel movement so it should be pre mid-fifties. Set against that opinion, the name "Langendorf" appears prominently whereas "Sarcar" is in small script. If Sarcar contracted Langendorf to make watches for them, I would expect it to be the other way round. The proper identification of the movement would be central to solving the issue. It isn't one of the Langendorf calibres in Ranfft's database so maybe it is really one used by Sarcar to make a watch for Langendorf. Very mysterious.....

Quick additional info: seems like I posted at practically the same time as Marrick. I am not sure whether this is a Langendorf Cal. 1022 - just because it has that on the bridge, it need not be the (original) calibre designation. It is possible that the "end user" gave it that internal calibre designation and stamped it on the mainspring bridge - maker's calibre designations are more commonly found on the main plate under the balance wheel. As stated before, I can't find it in Ranfft's database under Langendorf so it may be external. Still, Ranfft's database is by no means complete.

Hartmut Richter
    Last edited by Hartmut Richter; January 1st, 2011 at 13:30. Reason: Additional info

Thanks for your responses.

I do not know if it's important but on the back side of the case is written "10 LWC". I think it means Langendorf Watch Company, but not if it is meant to imply that Lanco and Sarcar have collaborated in the manufacture of this watch or the opposite.
    Un saludo

Thread Information