Is it a LeCoultre - Page 3
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Is it a LeCoultre

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Re: Is it a LeCoultre

Quote Originally Posted by guy0783 View Post
    Just my opinion, but if it can't be positively identified as a LeCoultre it shouldn't be described as one. If it is identical to a LeCoultre ebauche it could be described as a possible LeCoultre ebauche.

Without a positive identification you would be misleading yourself and others. It could have a marking on the top plate.
    ^This.
    I have great faith in fools; self-confidence my friends call it.
    Edgar Allan Poe

If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear.
    George Orwell

(...)but that's what mankind is like: they only prize what they no longer possess.
    Erich Maria Remarque

For any inquiries regarding vintage Doxa watches, please read the highlighted text in my vintage Doxa thread. Sorry, but I will not respond to PMs on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by guy0783 View Post
    Just my opinion, but if it can't be positively identified as a LeCoultre it shouldn't be described as one. If it is identical to a LeCoultre ebauche it could be described as a possible LeCoultre ebauche.

Without a positive identification you would be misleading yourself and others. It could have a marking on the top plate.
    I totally agree. This is similar to the "poor man's Hauer" hype, conflating Wittnauer with Longines, Wakmann with Breitling, etc. Sometimes there may be a connection, but without evidence, these claims should not be made.
    -- Dan (formerly known as @badbackdan)
    ------- @oldwatchdan on Instagram -------

as already said is a caliber of H. Parrenin. Lecoultre has a similar caliber but has never used a click-spring in that position.
    this click-spring was patented by Parrenin

Name:  H Parrenin.jpg
Views: 70
Size:  136.1 KB
    regards enrico
    badbackdan and laikrodukas like this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi, I found this thread regarding LeCoultre and hoped someone may be able to identify my grandfathers pocket watch as we've been told it may be a LeCoultre Ebauche... It's stamped 18k Gold but doesn't seem to have any recognisable hallmark / logo. It does have what appears to be a cross with sun rays surrounding it but after doing some research I couldn't find this logo anywhere online. It's such a beautiful watch, any help on identification would be much appreciated. Kind regards, Andrew.

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Welcome to Watchuseek. I'm afraid we won't be able to help you much without a picture. The only such logo which I can find in Mikrolisk (www.mikrolisk.de) is associated with Louis Macquat but they apparently only made hands for watches. On the whole, piccies are worth a thousand words.

Hartmut Richter

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by badbackdan View Post
    Sorry, I know this isn't related to your question, but I wonder if you could wipe off those horrible red numbers with some alcohol and a Q-tip. Or maybe acetone.
    I actually love the the horrible red numbers or maybe it's just me.

Hi, I do have images of the watch... but unfortunately it won't let me post any images or links as I don't have enough posts yet. Not sure if there's a way around this? There is what looks to be a serial number on there which is 201035.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread Information