LeCoultre ring watch

Thread: LeCoultre ring watch

LeCoultre ring watch

I purchased this just for the novelty of it, can anyone shed some light on this peice? I am may be intersted in restoring it, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Name:  Picture 035_2.jpg
Views: 84
Size:  54.6 KB
    MPaler

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: LeCoultre ring watch

It's effectively a small ladies' "cocktail" watch - only in an unusual case, designed to be worn on a finger, not a wrist. As such, it has a certain value for being unusual and uncommon. But not much more than the "ordinary" wrist watch version. And that version - despite it being a JLC - is not really terribly sought after or valuable these day.

Hartmut Richter

Would you think it worth $750 for a "restoration" ? I am not certain how period certain that would be, but at least it would be a working tiempiece worth of wear. As I said, I like the novelty of it, but at this point I feel that I should really do something with it or pass on to someone who will.

QUOTE=Hartmut Richter;47580739]It's effectively a small ladies' "cocktail" watch - only in an unusual case, designed to be worn on a finger, not a wrist. As such, it has a certain value for being unusual and uncommon. But not much more than the "ordinary" wrist watch version. And that version - despite it being a JLC - is not really terribly sought after or valuable these day.

Hartmut Richter[/QUOTE]
    MPaler

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I am afraid we don't do valuations here for a variety of reasons. This also goes for restoration estimates. The reason is that I rather doubt that the watch would be worth 750 $ when you've finished with the restoration. Not unless it has real diamonds or is white gold/Platinum, in which case the question is what are you really restoring: a watch or a piece of jewelry?!

Are you or someone else going to wear and use the watch when it has been restored? If not, save yourself the cash - it's only going to sit on the shelf afterwards anyway.

Hartmut Richter

Thank you Hartmut, all vey good points. I like watches, so the value to me is if ths was a genuine LeCoultre product w historic significance,which, if I read your initial email correctley, it is not. From a jewlery perspective, it is 18kt gold w real diamonds. I dont see anyone in my household wearing it so it would be just to preserve a historical piece if it was one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    I am afraid we don't do valuations here for a variety of reasons. This also goes for restoration estimates. The reason is that I rather doubt that the watch would be worth 750 $ when you've finished with the restoration. Not unless it has real diamonds or is white gold/Platinum, in which case the question is what are you really restoring: a watch or a piece of jewelry?!

Are you or someone else going to wear and use the watch when it has been restored? If not, save yourself the cash - it's only going to sit on the shelf afterwards anyway.

Hartmut Richter
    MPaler

Thread Information