Lemania automatic 21 rubys, help with renovation question
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Lemania automatic 21 rubys, help with renovation question

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Lemania automatic 21 rubys, help with renovation question

Hi, I found this watch in march whilst metal detecting on a local common, it has a crack in the glass and is obviously old and tatty I dont know if it is worth restoring or even if it can be restored. I can find similar watches on the internet but nothing quite the same so thought I would ask here, it keeps perfect time.

any help would be appreciated

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Lemania automatic 21 rubys, help with renovation question

Well, the dial has some patina but I would leave it like that. So it's down to the state of the movement. If water has entered and the movement has rusted, it probably won't be worth it but if it is very clean and just needs a service, I would go for it. My oldest watch is a Junghans which I found on a common and that was near spotless. I still have it.

Hartmut Richter

Thankyou for the reply Hartmut, it seems to work perfectly and has since march. is it likely to cost alot to restore do you think.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Just the standard sort of fee. About 100 Euros in my country, ± a little, depending on who you ask. A decent vintage watch in good, serviced condition should set you back as much, probably more so I would consider it worth it.

Caveat: in case you are thinking "Gee, I'll have it serviced and flog it at a profit!", this probably won't work. It's all down to who is selling. A professional vendor will give some sort of warranty so he has to sell at a higher price. And non-professional vendors usually don't offer fully serviced watches.....

Hartmut Richter

Thankyou again Hartmut, I have no real idea of the value of it in this state or restored but I dont particularly like the face being all yellowed with age so would really need a new face on it and that may just make it unviable then as a project.

The yellow effect may be partly the crystal. Otherwise, it would truly need a redial - but many others would be happy with it in that state. The lettering is clear and the rest would be put down to patina. Still, each to his own.....

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    The yellow effect may be partly the crystal. Otherwise, it would truly need a redial - but many others would be happy with it in that state. The lettering is clear and the rest would be put down to patina. Still, each to his own.....

Hartmut Richter
    would you have any idea of the age and model of this watch..sorry for all the questions

I am not sure it belonged to any model line. As for age, I would estimate late fifties or early sixties. The only automatic by Lemania I can find from around that time is the Cal. 4650:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Lemania 4650

...but that has a central sconds hand. It might of course have a movement by a different maker (Tissot?).

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    I am not sure it belonged to any model line. As for age, I would estimate late fifties or early sixties. The only automatic by Lemania I can find from around that time is the Cal. 4650:

bidfun-db Archiv: Uhrwerke: Lemania 4650

...but that has a central sconds hand. It might of course have a movement by a different maker (Tissot?).

Hartmut Richter
    Thankyou for all of your help Hartmut, i really do appreciate it....thankyou again.

I managed to unscrew the back and this is the inside, it looks different to the one in the link from Hartmut and I was quite surprised by how new it looks for such an old watch, can anyone tell if this is original.

thankyou.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information