Lemania chronograph serial numbers

Thread: Lemania chronograph serial numbers

Lemania chronograph serial numbers

1 last question about these 2 overexposed on this forum. Both are 15TL. Serial 105 is single button. Serial 14000 I think 1941. It is waterproof first advertised 1940 and without Incabloc balance mount that was first used after 1942. Is 105 fifth one made? It was first used by Omega in 1932. Can I say it is 1931? Did Omega start using new Lemanias same time Lemania first sold these?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by artb; October 2nd, 2010 at 11:41.

Re: Lemania chronograph serial numbers

I don't know anything about the earlier movements, but I've got a few Tissot chrono's with later Lemania movements, but can't seem to find a definitive way of dating them, as the Tissot/Omega serial no' database doesn't correspond!!

If you find anything out, please let me/us know

Quote Originally Posted by artb View Post
    1 last question about these 2 overexposed on this forum. Both are 15TL. Serial 105 is single button. Serial 14000 I think 1941. It is waterproof first advertised 1940 and without Incabloc balance mount that was first used after 1942. Is 105 fifth one made? It was first used by Omega in 1932. Can I say it is 1931? Did Omega start using new Lemanias same time Lemania first sold these?
    Art; I found this thread via a google search and it seems my Lemania is very close in date to yours. I have serial number 13986. I am curious about the date of manufacture and the relevance of the "scratch markings" on the bridge and base plate. It is stamped with a serial number 13986, and JXJ, and then hand scratched with Lemania, Fifteen 15 Jewels, Unadjusted Swiss. It is not shock protected.

Have you been able to find out anything?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Last edited by Linden; January 14th, 2011 at 21:06. Reason: added more pics

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

The later hand scratched lettering likely by U.S. distributor merely indicates not many were sold in 1938-9. Omega sold many. 1941 first year for Omega with the waterproof version. Hope someone sees this that can better respond about our interests in the 15tl.

Thread Information