Lingines Ultrachron

Thread: Lingines Ultrachron

Longines Ultrachron

Hi everybody,

I've been given this beauty by a spanish watchmaker. And I wanted to show it to your. Hope you like it as much as I do:

Re: Longines Ultrachron

Hi -

Welcome aboard here and thanks for posting such lovely pictures!

That is one beautiful Longines. Congratulations!

We always ask people with vintage watches if it's been recently worked on, but since you got it from a watchmaker I'm assuming it is.

That is probably a 6651 calibre inside. This was developed from the Longines 431 that had what is called a high-beat (36'600 bph) and was essentially de-tuned to run at a much more reasonable 28'800. The higher beat was very hard on the movement and most watches with such a higher beat have lubrication problems due to the very high speeds involved. Reducing the beat to 28'800 was a solid move on Longines' part in order to have very long-lived, high quality movements in their watches.

The watch should date from the early 1970s and looks to be in really great shape.

Quite a nice movement: adjusted to four positions and temperature, as well as the KIF shock absorbing system. You should get many years of very nice time-keeping from that movement, and the design of the watch has retained its elegance over time...

And if your watchmaker is giving any more of those away, let me know!

JohnF
    コスト下げ やる気も一緒に 下げられる

Re: Lingines Ultrachron

Great find!
    Congratulation!

Axel

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Re: Longines Ultrachron

Quote Originally Posted by JohnF View Post
    Hi -

Welcome aboard here and thanks for posting such lovely pictures!

That is one beautiful Longines. Congratulations!

We always ask people with vintage watches if it's been recently worked on, but since you got it from a watchmaker I'm assuming it is.

That is probably a 6651 calibre inside. This was developed from the Longines 431 that had what is called a high-beat (36'600 bph) and was essentially de-tuned to run at a much more reasonable 28'800. The higher beat was very hard on the movement and most watches with such a higher beat have lubrication problems due to the very high speeds involved. Reducing the beat to 28'800 was a solid move on Longines' part in order to have very long-lived, high quality movements in their watches.

The watch should date from the early 1970s and looks to be in really great shape.

Quite a nice movement: adjusted to four positions and temperature, as well as the KIF shock absorbing system. You should get many years of very nice time-keeping from that movement, and the design of the watch has retained its elegance over time...

And if your watchmaker is giving any more of those away, let me know!

JohnF
    Yeah it's a lovely watch. Neither big or small..... just classic. It was from the personal collection of Pedro Izquierdo, a well known watchmaker and watch restorer from Spain who manages one of the few watchmaking schools in Spain: www.centrorelojero.com.

The watch has been donated by him to a spanish forum where I collaborate and after a lottery, I've been the lucky one

Now this is one of my prouds, and the only Vintage watch I have. Just a pitty of being goldfilled, as I like steel more, but.... it's been free

Re: Lingines Ultrachron

That's a beautiful Longines. Congratulations!
    Regards from Sunny San Diego..........Tom

Thread Information