Logle Gold Pocket watch

Thread: Logle Gold Pocket watch

Logle Gold Pocket watch

I have my grandfathers Locle gold pocket watch. I would like to have some information on its history and value for either selling or insurance.It has "Le Richard" and a serial number inside the case. It is a manual wind with a key. It does work. Photos are attached.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by mssnyder; January 12th, 2013 at 01:11. Reason: Spelling error

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

Re: Logle Gold Pocket watch

It should be "Locle", not "Logle", meaning that it was made in Le Locle (Canton Neuchatel, Switzerland), a town best known as the home to Zenith, also Tissot and Ulysse Nardin. It is difficult to give an assessment as to age and quality without seeing the movement; as for value, we don't assess that at all here (there is a sticky as to why).

Hartmut Richter

Quote Originally Posted by Hartmut Richter View Post
    It should be "Locle", not "Logle", meaning that it was made in Le Locle (Canton Neuchatel, Switzerland), a town best known as the home to Zenith, also Tissot and Ulysse Nardin. It is difficult to give an assessment as to age and quality without seeing the movement; as for value, we don't assess that at all here (there is a sticky as to why).

Hartmut Richter
    Thank you for that information. Does "Le Richard" have any significance? Do you know of anyone in San Francisco who can apprase it?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Zenith Forum Co-moderator

I am sorry but I can't recommend anyone in San Francisco - I live in Germany. As for "Le Richard", it is possible that this refers to the famous Daniel Jean Richard who started up in Le Locle around 1700. The company no longer exists - the modern company Daniel Jean Richard (now renamed JeanRichard and in the ownership of Girard-Perregaux) is a new creation that bears the old name; it is also found in the neighbouring La Chaux de Fonds, not Le Locle.

Hartmut Richter

Thread Information