Longines case swap question

Thread: Longines case swap question

Longines case swap question

I have a Longines Automatic 5 star Admiral w/ day/date really nice black dial, and a very nice looking 508 movement. How the case got absolutely buggered up is beyond me, its even missing the bezel. Got this on ebay yrs ago with a bunch of other stuff and time to do something with it. Case no is 3026-507.

I need another case to put this in so I can wear it.

Will this work, Longines N.O.S gents watch case ref. 8903-1 its on ebay, looks the same size, cant tell if the movement drops in from the top like mine or if the back opens. If no good anyone have a case??

Re: Longines case swap question

If anyone can answer this question a priori I would be amazed. You have diameter, thickness, and stem position considerations. Without measuring it is unlikely anyone will know.

When I need something like this, I drop it off at my watchmakers and he looks around at all his 'supplies' and sees if he can get a fit.

So, find a good watchmaker and make him your friend!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

I am not surprised at your answer, thank you. That is the next step. I was just wondering if multiple movements would fit in the same case and hoping those more knowledgeable would know this. Off to the watch maker.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

As far as I know the Admiral range were monocases.
    and the 508 is used in many of them.
    only case and dial are often a mariage for life
    How buggered up is your case? post a picture of it?
    they are often gold plated, that is worn off. They can be restored to good condition again...
    I have a 508 admiral at the shop at the monent, I will measure the dial if you want? it is a date and no day version.
    I think you will end up buying another admiral in reasaneble state, so you own a spare movement.....

regards,
    RJ van Melle.

Sorry just saw that you responded. The case has brassing and a bent lug but its also missing the bezel. It has alot of short commings. The movement though is really nice, as well as the dial, so I was hoping to find a case for it and be done with it.

Thread Information