Longines Identification and Repair Person Suggestions

Thread: Longines Identification and Repair Person Suggestions

Longines Identification and Repair Person Suggestions

I have a Longines watch that was my Grandfathers, then my fathers, and now mine. As you can see from the photos my father did not take good care of it but the internals all still work flawlessly.

I would like to see how much info you all can give regarding the watch (age, value, model,etc) and then see if anyone knows of a good watch repair person that could fix the bent casing arm, replace the cracked glass covering and then find a winding arm since it is missing. I am sure this is not the correct verbiage but not sure what you would call it.

i did not get a very good shot of the serial number so here it is: it has the number 350 in a box just above the following serial number 13193561 then it says 17 jewels swiss. Any ideas?

Last edited by lgk_195; November 1st, 2008 at 03:53. Reason: Adding more pictures

Re: Longines Identification and Repair Person Suggestions

The movment is from 1966. Can't help you with the repairs.
    Regards from Sunny San Diego..........Tom

We can help you with ID but we don't do valuations here.
    The watch is a Longines calibre 350 automatic. Here is more info about it:
    http://www.ranfft.de/cgi-bin/bidfun-...k&Longines_350
    Serial number would date it to ca 1966.
    As we don't know where you live it's hard to recommend a service person. You can check our post in the Links and Articles sub-forum if you are a US resident:
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=166630
    Since Longines is still in business I would look for a Longines service center in your area and see what advice they could give you.

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Glass - Crystal.
    Winding-arm - Crown and stem. Used to wind and set the watch.
    Case-arm - I assume you're talking about the bent lug, the arm which would hold onto a watch-strap.

Eh, my apologies. It's an automatic watch - so, no winding needed. The crown would be used purely to set the time.
    "Pipes are occasionally of extraordinary interest...nothing has more individuality save, perhaps, watches and bootlaces."

- Sherlock Holmes.

'The Yellow Face'.

Longines keeps excellent records of their watches...

and are very helpful in regards to their vintage products. If so desired, you could contact them directly via their archive department for additional information.

I have used this contact at Longines in the past for some of my vintage Longine questions:

[email protected]
    Стрела

Russian Watch Forum, Rolex & Tudor Watch Forum, & Pilots’ and Military Watch Forum Moderator

Thumbs Up Re: Longines Identification and Repair Person Suggestions

Wow thanks for the great, and quick, feedback. I have updated my profile now to show that I live in the US, Raleigh, NC. I had tried before to get it repaired. I found a store who said that they work with Longines and would send it to them to find out a cost for repairs but then said Longines sent it back and said they do not have the parts anymore to repair this watch.

I had given up until a friend at work, who has a very large watch collection, told me about this web site and suggested that I post and see if anyone could recommend an individual that repairs watches. I will try contacting the Longines email address that you supplied and see what kind of a response I get from them.

Thanks again to all who posted; I really appreciate the information and help.

Lloyd

This guy looks like he'd be worth an email.
    http://www.claudioswatchrepair.com/

There are fathers who do not love their children; there is no grandfather who does not adore his grandson. ~ Victor Hugo

Thread Information