Longines (Ladies) Pocket Watch Elaborate Design, diamond approx 1904 - Help!!!

Thread: Longines (Ladies) Pocket Watch Elaborate Design, diamond approx 1904 - Help!!!

Longines (Ladies) Pocket Watch Elaborate Design, diamond approx 1904 - Help!!!

I inherited a small pocket watch which I have done some research on in order to learn more about it. Upon opening the case, I determined it was a Longines pocketwatch with serial# 1610635 (taken from the mechanics of the watch steel (?) parts. From some other websites that list Longines numbers, I determined it was manufactured in 1904 (my first question - is this date correct?)

On the inside of the case it has 3 stamps: One with the same serial number above, one with 14K I had it tested at a jeweler and the case is in fact 14K gold. The third one which is diffcult to read but may be the original company that sold it or put its stamp on it or I am not sure - it is A,II or ATI or something very close - my second question - does this make sense to anyone?

The backside of the watch is extremely ornately designed (see pics) and has a diamond (again tested at the local jeweler and it is in fact real) and I can not find a picture of this design anywhere and all local dealers are helpless. The pocket watch is small, approximately 11mm in diameter and does not have the makes (longines)anywhere on the face or case - only on the mechanics.

I am trying to provide as many details as possible with the hope someone can guide me in the proper direction as to rarity and value. Any responses would truly be helpful.
    So Just to reitterate, Am I close or correct on the date?, What it the 3rd marking in the case and the ornate design - is this unique - lastly rarity, value possibilities etc.

Thank you all so much!

Eric (Pictures Below)
    Name:  watch_1.jpg
Views: 646
Size:  110.4 KBName:  watch_2.jpg
Views: 449
Size:  120.0 KBName:  watch_3.jpg
Views: 424
Size:  127.5 KB

Re: Longines (Ladies) Pocket Watch Elaborate Design, diamond approx 1904 - Help!!!

Hi Eric,

the movement number actually dates back to 1904/1905, but after the style of the dial I believe the watch was completed a bit later, may be around 1910. Such high grade movements were pretty uncommon for ladies watches, and therefore often remained on stock a while. Moreover it was common practice to encase watches in the USA to save duties, another reason for a certain delay.

However, you can contact Longines for more details. They still do this service free of charge, and can at least tell you, when they exported the bare movement to the USA.

Regards, Roland Ranfft

Re: Longines (Ladies) Pocket Watch Elaborate Design, diamond approx 1904 - Help!!!

Thank you very much for the info!! This helps tremendously. Do you happen to know the contact info for Longines for inquiries such as mine and also the answer to any of the other questions? Thank you

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by cek1313 View Post
    Thank you very much for the info!! This helps tremendously. Do you happen to know the contact info for Longines for inquiries such as mine and also the answer to any of the other questions? Thank you
    See their website.
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

Thread Information