Longines self-winder w/ SS

Thread: Longines self-winder w/ SS

Longines self-winder w/ SS

This may be an annoying query, as I have no other details to give (and I hope this isn't contrary to valuations guidelines).

I was at a local thrift store yesterday, and they have a Longines mens watch, probably from the late '50s/early '60s with a sub second hand. It seems to be in nice shape, and on winding it briefly it started right up.

The price tag was $39 - is this too much to pay on a whim? I know that Longines are a good maker, but they've never struck me as truly high end.

Thanks for any feedback,

Cheers,

Jim

Banned

Re: Longines self-winder w/ SS

Quote Originally Posted by jimw View Post
    The price tag was $39 - is this too much to pay on a whim? I know that Longines are a good maker, but they've never struck me as truly high end.
    They were one of the best back then. If you like it, buy it. If not, PM me a picture and maybe I'll buy it.

Quote Originally Posted by ulackfocus View Post
    They were one of the best back then. If you like it, buy it. If not, PM me a picture and maybe I'll buy it.
    Or maybe me...
    Longines is definetely high end. At that price You can hardly make a mistake, unless it is a fake or a complete wreck. There are later Longines with ETA-movements (which are also good), but this likely has a Longines movement. Show it, once You've got it, please!
    Olof

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

ANY working Longines is worth $39!!!
    "Forever is composed of nows." - Emily Dickinson

"The watch has to be surrounded by a history.
    You need more than just a great design. You need to create an atmosphere around the product.
    Who is the company behind it? Why are they using this material?
    People need to be able to identify the watch with themselves. It's based on emotion." - Ralph Furter

...that's just my opinion and I've been wrong before and will be again and might be now!

39 bones is actually an excellent amount to spend on a whim. Go back, buy it if it looks to be real, and post it.

Never mind.

I went back to Value Village yesterday after posting, and it was gone - there are obviously wiser people than me shopping in thrift stores.

Oh well - the next time it will be a Zenith Sporto for $25, and I just won't hesitate.....

Thread Information